Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum

Mommy makeover

Hi, I am a 33 yr. young, mom of 3. I recently gave birth to my 3rd son on 6/19. This was my 3rd c-section. I am ready to re-claim my body and I am interested in having a full tummy tuck and a breast lift with implants. I have always been considered top heavy (38DD). Now, after nursing and gaining and losing weight with each pregnancy, my breast have lost a lot of volume, they are completely flat at the top and sag severely. I want to know how long do I need to wait after having a c-section before having a tummy tuck? Will I even be considered a candidate for a tummy tuck after having 3 c-sections using the same incision? Also, would I get a better result or longer lasting result if a lift is combined with an implant? Is an implant only used to increase size?
Good questions.  There is no problem with proceeding with the tummy tuck at any time now.  If you are currently nursing and want to have both the breast surgery and the tummy tuck performed at the same time, you should not schedule the surgery until three months or so after you stop nursing.  The three C-sections will not affect or limit the performance of the tummy tuck.

As for the use of implants, if you are satisfied with breast volume, but dissatisfied with breast shape, then a breast lift (mastopexy) will be all that you need.  If breast volume is lacking and you desire more superior fullness, then placing an implant at the time of the lift would be appropriate.
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.