Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum

Muscle Reduction after Transplant?

Is it possible to reduce the size of a transplanted muscle?

I had a crushed heel bone that became infected, several surgeries later the docs had removed a muscle from my trunk and stuck it in the heel. Now I have a huge blob on the outside of my heel that makes wearing any sort of normal shoe impossible. Worse, the docs told me the area would have no feeling, well, it does, and they aren't pleasant, mostly due to the thing being squeezed all the time. I'm even getting fractures in bones further up in the foot from the impossibly wide "stupid" shoes that still don't give enough room for the heel, and way too much room for the toes.

I've heard of cal muscle reduction surgeries, could the same be done for this transplanted thing?

Thanks!
It sounds like you had a free flap transplant to your heel to close a defect in that area.  While it is possible to revised and adjust the shape of a free flap, this would clearly be a decision your existing physicians should make, because of the complexity of your situation.
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.