Retin A cream for wrinkles around the eyes?

I have major deep wrinkles under and around my eyes after a 6-month treatment from accutane.  I read another post on this site saying that Retin A cream will reduce this?  Is this true?  Doesn't Retin A severly dry the outside of skin, and wouldnt this make the wrinkles even dryer, and larger?

Please let me know.  Thanks anyone who can help

Jayson
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Retinoids have been scientifically demonstrated (with both skin biopsies and progressive photographs) to stimulate collagen formation beneath the skin and thereby actually reduce wrinkles about the eye.
Helpful - 2
So you feel it is safe to put Retin A cream under my eyes on wrinkles to help them reduce the lines?  Why don't cosmetic doctors, etc. suggest Retin A for wrinkles?  And only give for acne?

thank you for reply
Helpful - 0
retin A  cream does work,but its continued use is not really advisable as i believe it can cause the skin to thin ,and the last place for skin thinning is under the eyes.?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum

Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.