Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum

SMART LIPO

i CONSULTED WITH A DOCTOR FOR REMOVAL OS SMALL AMTS OF FAT FROM THE BACK PORTION OF MY HIPS. HE SAID NO PROBLEM. WHEN I STEPPED OFF THE TABLE I HAD A MAE WEST WAIST LINE. DURING THE CONSULT I SPECIFICALLY SAID I WAS FINE WITH HOW I LOOKED FROM THE FRONT, NOW I'M HORRIFIED BY THE SIGHT AND THOUGHT OF WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN TO FIX THE WRINKLES AND BULGES FROM WHEN HE STOPPED. IT HAS BEEN TWO AND ONE HALF MONTHS AND I FEEL WORSE EVERY TIME I LOOK AT MYSELF INSTEAD OF BETTER. SHOULD I WAIT IT OUT?
I DID THIS TO PERFECT MY OUTER SHELL SINCE MY INNER SHELL (VAGINA) IS NOW USELESS BECAUSE OF TWO RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERIES AFTER CANCER AND SCAR TISSUE HAS TAKEN OVER REGARDLESS OF MY DILATING ATTEMPTS. i AM SO EMOTIONALLY MESSED UP NOW.
If you have not discussed your concern of the results of the procedure with your surgeon, you should do (as I have previously said) in a frank, non-threatening manner.  Additional work may be necessary to improve your results, but it is much too early to have this done.  Wait until full healing has occurred (at least four to six more months) before undertaking additional correction, if your surgeon agrees that this is necessary.
Thank you. My only remaining fear is that since the Doctor who performed the smart lipo did not listen to my request and did what he thought, that I will run into the same problem with the fix in a few months. It seems he has a vision of what the ideal woman should be shaped like and I just wanted a little tapering.
I will wait out the healing....and pray.

Will the ugly wrinkled skin really go away on it's own?
Although laser liposuction has been shown to have some skin contracture characteritics, you will be able to judge the final results of your procedure in several more months.
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.