Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum

Scar

When I was 2 yrs. old I banged my forehead on a cardboard box that had a big gold staple on it and I had to get stitches. It left this oval scar on my forehead. I'm now 25 yrs. old. Do you think maybe I can go and get the scar lasered so it can look less noticeable or is it too old of a scar to even get it treated?
The age of your scar is not important.  In fact, the older a scar is, the better for scar revision.  The unknown question is how effective any treatment to the area will be.  The outcome of revision of scars can be quite uncertain and will depend on many factors including its size, location, depth, width, your healing genetics, and the type of treatment used (laser, dermabrasion, surgical excision).

Your best bet is to have it assessed by a local plastic surgeon.
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.