Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum

Smart Lipo

I had smart lipo a week and 1/2 ago on my love handles and back.  My back is smoothe.....no more bra over-hang; however, I'm not seeing the same quick results with the love handles.  Now I'm wondering if I should have had trad. lipo instead.  I still have other areas I want to do....but feel like I may have wasted time and $$$ on this procedure.  Am I just being too impatient???
Smartlipo is merely a technique to destroy fat cells using laser energy.  The fat is then usually removed by traditional liposuction.  While the procedure can and has been performed without liposuction extraction of the fat, it takes months and months for natural healing processes to remove the damaged fat cells.  If liposuction was not performed at the time of your procedure, then any results you see will be a long time in appearing.  If liposuction was performed, any result from the liposuction will not be event for at least one month following the procedure.
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.