Aa
A
A
A
Close
Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Tattoo Removal

I was in the process of having two tattos removed and it turned out to be my worst nightmare. They end up getting infected really bad and I had to have surgery just to get the infection out and some of the ink is still visible not to say how I have a very ugly scar from it. The scar is black and purple it look worst than the tattoos. What can I do to do away with the scars and what is the safest way to get the rest of the ink out my skin.
1 Responses
242582 tn?1193616720
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
You did not indicate what technique was used for your initial tattoo removal.  Use of a laser is the most popular method.  It require multiple sessions and may not completely eradicate the pigment.  Surgical resection is another method.  This will completely remove pigment that is excised, but will leave some type of scar.  Since you already have a scar from your infection, consult with a plastic surgeon to determine if additional scar revision would be appropriate to both imporve the scar and eliminate the remaining pigment
Popular Resources
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child