Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum

Too old for liposuction?

I just had a lower facelift one week ago and I'm thrilled so far! I look far younger than my 59 years anyway - I've always taken good care of my skin and I'm healthy and in shape and the mom of a kid still at home. I had jowls and they appear GONE!  I had my ankles liposuctioned over 20 years ago when the technique was still new and it left me rather lumpy and I was never happy with the result. Also, some at was taken from inside my right thigh to put in my face at the time -- that left a hole and the fat graft didn't last so I never tried that again. One attempted revision to smoothe down the hole in my thigh did little. I'm now seeing a new doc and many years have passed. I'm wondering if newer lipo techniques ( like the one with the laser, smart lipo?) and smaller canulas might give smoother results. I'd ideally like to have lipo suction on my waist, thighs and lower legs -- but a friend who is an aesthetician says she thinks when you are 40 or older, the skin tends to look bad after lip and you don't get good results . Do you agree? Also, if I can't have lipo, I would love a thigh lift. that's my main complaint, sort of saggy, lumpy but not large thighs. However, I keep hearing this is major, major awful surgery. Anything new in that area?
Liposuction techniques have improved from those you experienced 20 years ago.  Rippling as a consequence of liposuction, however, may not be totally avoidable and is more likely with very aggressive treatment.  The results of thigh lifts are often less impressive than your expectations.
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.