Aa
A
A
A
Close
Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Tumescent /Smart lIPO

I am a male 38 5'7 158lbs.  never been over 168lbs in my entire life... have a good body but could not loose the abdomen fat and male breast fat that started to accumulate when I was 30ish.

I had Smart lipo with tumescent liposution with small cannulas on my Male breasts and abdomen.  I am 7 weeks POST OP and I a m really concerened that the fat is comming back or that I am experienceing swelling.  I have noticed that the left side of my abdomen is a little larger then my right...... I do remember me draining more on the right side when I had this done.

Is it real hard for the doctor to get both sides the right size?  I would think that the Laser melts the fat anyway and it will take time for the old fat to disolve.He did suck out fat but geeze after 20+ years of doing this I would think thathe would get it even.  Is that correct?  

My breast have not yielded much at all.... and my Dr. told me that there was hardly any granular tissue in me and that he took me down to the bone as far as he could.  He said to be patient..... However, I really need to know how much MORE progress am I looking at if I am 7 weeks post op??  Will the lumping go away.... it seems like the lumping is going down while I am becomming more blubbery with sewlling I hope!!

Please give me your thoughts.
Thanks
Ms8172
1 Responses
242582 tn?1193616720
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
The final results with liposuction typically occur at three to four months.  While Smartlipo damages fat cells, it always requires standard liposuction to remove the damaged fat as well as any additonal fat.  If you are not satisfied with the results of the procedure, have a frank discussion with your surgeon in several months to determine if additional surgery will be required to improve your situation.
Popular Resources
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child