Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum

belly button

I have found a knot in my navel and when I press on it there is pain under my belly. It feels like someone is putting an electric shock thru my lower stomach. What could this be. It has grown about an inches in the last week.When I lay down you can not see it or feel it. But when I stand up it appears.
You have what is known as a pre-peritoneal umbilical hernia (or potentially a real umbilical hernia).  This is something that can be repaired surgically in a relatively easy operation.  Ask your primary physician to refer you to a general surgeon who can diagnose and treat this problem.
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.