Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum

blistered Tummy Tuck

I had a tummy tuck on 10/24/11. When I went to see my PS after my surgery and he removed the bandages, there was a huge blister from my belly button to my bikini line.  It almost covers the middle of my tummy.  Please tell me why this happened.  I had been to the same Dr and had my eyes done in 04.  The bags were removed from  under my eyes and some skin removed from the lids of my eyes and everything went fine.
The tummy has turned black and I'm not sure of what to do.  He wants to remove it, but isn't sure how deep it goes, and I don't want a huge hole in my tummy.  Also it looks and feels like I have been burnt and is raw around the edges of the burn. Can someone please help me decide what to do at this point?
From the description of your condition, it sounds like there has been some vascular compromise to the circulation of the lower abdominal skin.  If this is the case, then the affected tissue will probably need to be removed.  Your surgeon is in the best position to advise you and work with you to resolve this problem.
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.