Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum

breast reduction correction

Hi, about 18 months ago I had breast reduction. Part of my areola muscle has died on one breast resulting in nerve pain, particularly when the area is stretched (i.e. when I reach up), the nipple is often hard and it is partially painful around my cycle. I am controlling it with massage, anti inflammatory gels and pain killers but I wondered if there was a permanent way to deal with the problem through surgery. I am not concerned about the appearance and would even have a mastectomy if necessary. Please give me some advice on this matter. I cannot go back to the surgeon who did me as he has since been struck off by the NHS. I am not looking for compensation and would not wish any corrective work to be done by them anyway. Thanks for your time; I look forward to reading any replies.
This is a highly unusual problem that I have not encountered.  A more common issue is loss of nipple sensitivity.  You should be evaluated by another plastic surgeon to determine what is occurring and what, if any, additional remedies would be appropriate.
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.