Aa
A
A
A
Close
Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

breat augmentaion

Hi, I  had a lift and a breast augmentation about a month and a half ago. My right breat is much fuller at the top and my left is not as big or as firm. I asked my doctor and he said the implant may have not dropped completely.I find it hard to believe it takes over a month for an implant to drop. Do most Drs. use the same amount of cc's in each breast? Thanks
1 Responses
242582 tn?1193616720
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
The higher implant on the right most probably represents capsule contacture with the imlant forced into a higher position compared with opposite side.  It is possible for the implant to drop to a more symmetrical position with time.  If not, then a surgical release of the capsule may be appropriate, but should wait at least four to six months to see if the capsule softens and the implant drops to a better position spontaneously.  Most surgeons fill saline implant to the same volumes on each side.
Popular Resources
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child