Aa
A
A
A
Close
Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

fat necrosis changes

I had a breast reduction and lift 4 years ago.  I immediately contracted a staph infection in the hospital in my left breast which my surgeon believed caused fat necrosis.  This large area has felt relatively rounded and smooth. 1 1/2 months ago I discovered a smaller, harder lump on this area.  I went to my doctor and she scheduled me for a mammogram and ultrasound.  Both of these came back suspicious, and they noted that the area in question (just under 1 cm)looks different from the larger fat necrosis area and is a solid mass.  Also, 3 days before the mammogram I started getting an indentation in that area.  I am scheduled for a biopsy in 1 week.  My question is this - Could part of the fat necrosis area change after 4 years and look different?  I have no immediate family history of breast cancer.
1 Responses
242582 tn?1193616720
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
One fat necrosis has occur with its associated scarring, it usually does not change with time.  Your scheduled biopsy will be definitive in diagnosing the problem.
Popular Resources
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child