Aa
A
A
A
Close
Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

laser lipolysis

Hi.  If laser lipolysis is better due to melting vs scraping and suctioning fat with traditional lipo as well as the coagulation of the vessels with laser has there been any attempts to modify the local/tumescent anesthetic?  Or eliminating it? I would imagine that since the procedure is significaantly less traumatic that the discomfort would be much less as well. I am concerned because there is variable reporting of office based surgeries and that lidocaine toxicity can occur 10 hours or more after the procedure (klein? had such a case?) Thanks
1 Responses
242582 tn?1193616720
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I have performed liposuction since it was first introduced in the US in 1982.  Virtually all of theose procedure were done with a tumescent solution without complication.  I also now recommend most of these pocedures under general anesthesia, except for very small areas, since I find it difficult to obtain the profound anesthesia required for the best results.  In addition, I am now using radiofrequency assited liposuction (BodyTite) under an investigational protocol.  It is far more powerful and effective for fat reduction and skin shrinkage than laser liposuction.
Popular Resources
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child