Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum

scared after smartlipo

Hello, I had Smartlipo performed on my inner/outer thighs and love handles four days ago and am beginning to panic. One of my love handles areas is significantly "indented" and I have pain in my lower back (kidney) region. All the treated areas are really sore and it's difficult to move. How can I tell whether the contour anomalies will be permanent and whether the pain is normal or a signal of something seriously wrong? When does the final "result" start to take effect--and are results actually good with Smartlipo? There are so many stories of failure, and I need some hope . . . Thanks. kw
As I have repeatedly suggested in this forum, Smartlipo is a technique of using a laser to destroy fat cell which are then removed with liposuction.  I personally am quite satisfied with the results I get with traditional liposuction (I actually primarily use power assisted liposuction).  At four days, it is much too early to assess the results of your procedure.  If shape problems are present at three to four months or more after the procedure, then this will become an issue that will need to be addressed.  Discomfort at this early stage is usual and should resolve over the next week or so.
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.