Aa
A
A
A
Close
Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

scared after smartlipo

Hello, I had Smartlipo performed on my inner/outer thighs and love handles four days ago and am beginning to panic. One of my love handles areas is significantly "indented" and I have pain in my lower back (kidney) region. All the treated areas are really sore and it's difficult to move. How can I tell whether the contour anomalies will be permanent and whether the pain is normal or a signal of something seriously wrong? When does the final "result" start to take effect--and are results actually good with Smartlipo? There are so many stories of failure, and I need some hope . . . Thanks. kw
1 Responses
242582 tn?1193616720
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
As I have repeatedly suggested in this forum, Smartlipo is a technique of using a laser to destroy fat cell which are then removed with liposuction.  I personally am quite satisfied with the results I get with traditional liposuction (I actually primarily use power assisted liposuction).  At four days, it is much too early to assess the results of your procedure.  If shape problems are present at three to four months or more after the procedure, then this will become an issue that will need to be addressed.  Discomfort at this early stage is usual and should resolve over the next week or so.
Popular Resources
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child