Am i normal??

Hi there, ive had breast reduction twice and twice i've grown back to my original size within the year, any advice could this be a medical condition? i haven't put on any other weight apart from a few pounds recovering weight... any help would be much appreciated.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
how long did you wait in between? is it true you can only have it done 3 times (something about scare tissue?)
i'm 26 now how long does it take for hormones to settle if thats the cause, or do they ever?
Are you getting it re-done in the same hospital?
How unlucky are we? there's no getting rid of the wee (haha) buggers!
Helpful - 0
I have had a few patients over many years in practice who have enlarged after a previous reduction.  I suspect the cause is hormone related.  A few were never reduced to their desired smaller size.
Helpful - 0
I have the same problem.  I had 2 reductions on my left breast and 3 on my right and am now back to where I was prior to the first surgery.  I too haven't put on any weight.  My breasts are now much denser than what they were and I now have to breast MRIs as mamograms are unreadable.  I see my PS in about 1 month for a 1 year follow up and am considering complete mastectomy.  

I too am intersted in any feedback as to what could be causing this and any possible solutions.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum

Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.