buttocks lift

I am a 70 yr. old female in good health. Due to the usual reasons for sagging skin - aging, chronic dieting and genetics, I am considering a buttocks lift. I am worried that I may be bringing unforeseen medical/health problems into this relatively late stage of my life from what seems a pretty radical surgery which also leaves inch wide scars that run along the backside. How much pain and suffering is there? How long does it take to recover and resume a physically active life - vigorous daily exercise, jogging, sports, dancing, etc., weeks, months? I am weighing the trade offs. How long does this intervention last? Can it be safely repeated in the future? I realize that these questions also depend on the patient. The consulting doctor says recovery takes only one month. After an exhaustive online search, one article talks pretty straight about months of recovery and provides quite graphic detail on all manner of distress

If you would please respond to all my questions, I would appreciate it. Although highly reputable, the consulting doctor seemed a bit impatient with my queries.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

Thank you for your disclosure about complaints following incisions in the gluteal crease. My consulting doctor is recommending incisions in the upper buttocks/lower back area. I am not a candidate for liposuction (too thin). Could you tell me what is found as a result of surgery in the upper buttock area?

Thank you again.
Helpful - 0
Buttocks lifts can be performed via gluteal crease incisions or incision in the upper buttocks/lower back area, possibly with fat injections.  Patients who I have performed gluteal crease incisions have experienced persistent discomfort post-op for extended periods and I am not thrilled with this procedure.  If fat injections (obtained from lipo of adjacent or other areas) are appropriate and possible for you without a surgical incision, this is the most comfortable and natural procedure.  There is also a question of the ability to obtain a result that is sufficient to meet your expectations.  I would undertake this venture with caution.  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum

Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.