Cosmetic Surgery Community
995 Members

3 Months Post Op and I can feel implant move and have a prominent fold

I had a breast augmentation procedure done approximately 3 months ago and I am starting to notice alarming complications. When I lean forward not only do I feel my implant move but, I feel a horrible fold on the side of the implant. I recently noticed that when I lay flat on my back there is a hollow spot under my nipple that feels so strange. I also feel the implant move and around at times. They aren't hard; therefore, I doubt it is tissue but are alarmingly soft. This is my 3rd breast augmentation and I have never felt this before :(. I changed my previous implant from a 330cc Mentor Saline high profile to a 575cc Mentor Saline moderate wider profile. Unfortuantely due to having a new job, it is impossible to take off from work to see the surgeon right away. I have an appointment next month but I am really anxious and worried it could be something more serious like a seroma. I would greatly appreciate any advice I can get. Thanks!

This discussion is related to How much movement should my implants have?.
For such symptoms, implant displacement, wrinkling or rippling and implant deflation which is when filler material leaks from the breast implant often due to a valve leak or a tear or cut in the implant shell should be ruled out. Deflation occurs when the shell of a saline-filled breast implant tears or when the seal around the valve used to fill the implant is broken and liquid saline leaks out from the implant.

I suggest you to get it evaluated from your surgeon.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.