Cosmetic Surgery Community
995 Members

Breast reduction. cancer patient. lumpectomy,radiation

in 2005 I had breast cancer. got a lumpectomy, lymph node surgery, and radiation on my right side.
I am very large breasted. I have had increasing pain in my right shoulder, right side of my neck, and upper right side of my back. I have BCBS insurance.
Do you think BCBS would allow breast reduction surgery on me to reduce my breast size to alleviate my shoulder, neck and upper back pain? A friend told me the radiation treatment probably changed the density of my breast and that it is denser and heavier and causing the pain.  I cant pay for a strictly cosmetic procedure. I have been treated for back problems by an orthopedic. I go to my oncologist every 6 months.
I'm not sure what the process is to get this surgery covered under my insurance (but not as a strickly cosmetic procedure).  I live near Raleigh NC if you know of a cosmetic surgeon that could help me. thanks.
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.