Cosmetic Surgery Community
997 Members

Dark Circles under eyes

Hello I have posted my question on the dermatology forum but no one has any suggestions for me. I was wondering if anyone here can give me some suggestions please because i have sinus problems I have dark circles under my eyes not looking for any cosmetic surgery suggestions but if anyone knows of any old wives tales or over the counter products that actually work   I have heard of oil of olay eye difinity but it is 24.00 wasnt going to purchase if it dont really work  because my circles are really dark  my cover up makeup doesnt even cover them  i might have to go to a darker foundation but i am fair skin though.  please help   I am tired of looking like I am on drugs  which I am NOT. thank you.
You might try Obagi products.  They have a line of supplies that exfoliate and bleach the skin.  They are far more expensive than Olay products but far more effective.  You can pick up a brochure on the products in many plastic surgeons office.  Good luck
i really don't think skin bleaching is your answer....and obagi is way more expensvie than olay.  most times dark circles are hereditary.  it is your blood close to the surface in the skin under your eyes.  the best thing for them is to get plenty of good sleep, eat a well balanced diet and stay active....to help aid you may want to use cool compresses or even a gel eye patch that you leave in the fridge.  try a good eye cover like jane iredale that you can use as a spot treatment on dark circles.   it is a heavy mineral makeup made especially for dark circles...get a brush to apply it in the make up section and use the disposable wedges to smudge it in....it works wonders...it comes in one container but w/ two colors...blend them, dont just use the light color...it will have a bad effect and make it look worse....ask if you need more help.  :)
thank you for your suggestions i dont think my dark circles are hereditary my mom doesnt have them and i have only had them bad over the last year because i dont sleep well because of my sinus problems believe me i wish i could sleep for at least a month so i catch up on all the sleep i have lost.  anyway, i never heard of jane iredale where do you buy that?  where would get a gel eye patch also? thanks again :)
sleep with your head elevated because dark circles can be the result of your eyes not draining properly also from lack of sleep - try cool tea bags and makeup
Im not trying to sound difficult but i have tried to sleep elevated because of my sinus problems and i never stay that way probably because all my life i am a side sleeper also i cant help my lack of sleep   you mentioned the cool tea bags do you put them over all of your eye or just the dark circle part?   thanks for your input.
you can get the gel eye mask in any drug store or beauty dept store.  Maybe like a bed bath and beyond or just your local drug store.  Tea bags are a great idea.  you place them over your entire eye.  It won't hurt.  Don't use peppermint tea bags, try something like chamomile.  Also, jane iredale is usually found in spas or make up counters.  I have bought the "circle delete" on ebay.  It is a little pricey (maybe $25) but it is worth it and will last forever.  There are two different colors, one for dark skin and one for light....make sure you get the one that is best suited for your skin.  If you cannot get the jane iredale ( i use it and love this) look for something over the counter in your drugstore.  Maybe in Physician's Formula line.  Neutrogena has some nice products as well.  If it is really from a lack of sleep, try Bach's Sleep Remedy.  It is 100% natural flower essence and works wonders.  Try it.  
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.