Cosmetic Surgery Community
997 Members

Laser Hair Removal - Beware

I had laser hair removal on my upper lip which left me with darker skin. Everytime I get in the sunlight my mustache area will get much darker than the rest of my face. Very embarassing!! I have medium dark skin and very dark brown hair and eyes. I had around 15 treatments and the hair still grows. The doctor kept increasing the number on the laser b/c my hair was so resistant. One treatment left me burned with scaps and I think that's what caused the skin sensitivity to sun. SO PLEASE MAKE SURE THEY DO NOT TURN UP THE NUMBER TOO HIGH AND BURN YOUR SKIN. BE CAREFUL DIECTLY AFTER TREATMENT AND PROTECT FROM THE SUN.  I had my honeymoon during this time and spent one solid week in the sun unprotected b/c I didn't know better.
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.