Cosmetic Surgery Community
997 Members

Laser Hair Removal and Hydradenitis

Hello, my name is Caroline. I recently underwent a surgery in the groin area (left inner thie) to remove scar tissue left behind and to avoid further spreading of what has been diagnosed as the early stages of Hydradenitis. The surgery was 10 days ago and the stitches have been fully removed however the wound is still open. My question to you is, going forward, should I continue waxing or should i consider laser hair removal therapy in that area? I want to avoid new flares and I fear that waxing (even if better than shaving) will irritate the hair follicules and provoke the condition. In your opinion, is laser hair removal safe and how long should I wait before my first session?

Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.