Cosmetic Surgery Community
997 Members

long term platysma plication problems

Had face lift & platysma plication 8 yrs ago at age 63.  Recently am feeling tightness from ear to ear under chin where tissue has sagged with age, resulting in pulling across top of head & headaches from this tightness.

Surgeon says it is not possible this tightening is caused by the neck lift.   Is this true?
Sometimes the lax neck skin cannot be totally tightened even with an excellent Neck Lift and Platysmaplasty. In these cases a revision is necessary or if the skin pulling is small then laser resurfacing can be done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.