Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community

Anal leakage on a 6yr old

For about two weeks my 6 year old son has been complaining that his bottom was itching...so I helped it wipe it clean with a wet wipe,thinking he had left something behind from a bowel movement.....liquid was dripping out and running down out of his rectum. This has continues off and on for about a week or so then this morning he brought me his pull-up and it had significant amount of an off white/yellow liquid in it.
Please help me to figure out reasons why this could be happening??? One of his grandfathers has crones ..could this be a precursor ??!
Any insight is welcomed! Thanks!
Hi!
If there is no fecal incontinence, and the rectal discharge is only watery or whitish (mucopurulent) then this could be due to lax anal sphincter or due to infection of anus and rectum (proctitis—bacterial or fungal) or due to food intolerance or due to inflammation as seen in various inflammatory bowel disorders like Crohn’s, celiac, ulcerative colitis etc.  
If one of his grandfather’s has Crohn’s then this should be looked into. Please consult your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.