Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community

Crohns/Colitis Diet

I have crohns and I have been wondering is there any such thing as a crohns diet?  I understand what foods to avoid but does anyone know of any foods that help put the disease in remission?  THanks in Advance for any tips or comments.
I am sorry to say having crohn's myself that every research I have done there isn't a diet for crohn's. However, My Dr. says the gluetin free diet works pretty well for crohn's. Sorry I can't be of more help. I've recently started the diet myself so I have no input on whether it works or not. I'll let you know how it works for me in about two weeks. The Dr says it takes about that much time before you notice a difference. Also to help you with all the symptoms there is an herb called moringa you can order online. It seems to be more helpful for me than all the traditional medications that never really work anyways. Lots of luck
Thanks for your info.  I havent come across any such diet either but im still hopeful because there has got to be a heathier regime out there than relying on prescription drugs.

And, yes, please let me know how the gluten free diet is working for you.  Good luck to you too!
I started here: http://www.colitis-crohns.com/about.html

I can't personally endorse the program, but I purchased Klein's e-book to learn more about the diet. I'm trying to follow the diet as closely as I can to see if I feel better. I'm reading anything I can about raw diets and the benefits of vegan nutrition.  
Get a book called "Breaking The Vicious Cycle". It is a diet for people with Crohn's, Colitis and Celiac. I have just started it. A friend of mine who has Colitis introduced me to the diet and he has been in remission for 4 years now. It may not work for everyone, but its worth a try.
Thank you for your comments, I will definately check into this.
Very interesting and i appreciate your comments.  I went to the websited and look at the list of food that should be avoided.  I was very suprisde to see a lot of wheat products and high fiber product were on the list being trigger foods.  This is definately a eye opener to pay more attention to the foods im eating and how it makes me feel.  Good luck on your diet and please keep us posted on your progress.