Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community

Crohn's and Kidney Stones

I have been diagnosed with moderate to severe Crohn's disease. Due to the wide spread through my small and large intestine, stomache and esophogus surgery is not an option and every ************** has started to fail after 6 months. I have tried Remicaide, Humira, Methotrexate, and Asacol. Prednisone is the only drug that helps consistantly.

My question is this, during flares I expell huge amounts of Uric Acid Crystals in my Urine which always end in the formation of Uric Acid Stones. So far no answer has been given as to why this happens other than the reuptake of Red Blood cells from internal bleeding. I have tried all the usual kidney stone medications and none help during these periods. The crystals are quite large and visable to the naked eye. It feels like I am passing glass. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop these crystals from forming besides drink water, lots and lots of water. (I have tried drinking gallons of water to no avail except a trip to the ER and hospital for over hydration. Yes, it is possible to drink yourself to death.)

All of the specialists I have seen are amazed at the size of the crystals and the amount in my urine. My right kidney has already been damaged from the constant stones.