Aa
A
A
A
Close
Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
1.93k Members

IBS or something else

In March, I had food poison, acute stomach pain with diarrhea. My GP trated it with some medicines and injections.

After that I had burning sensation in my upper stomach and strained a lot for passing tools leading to piles.

In June I went to a Gastro for checkup. He did endoscopy and treated my mild antral gastritis / h pylori infection with antibiotics and PPIs.

Since I had weight loss, the doctor asked me to do a complete blood test, liver function test, chest Xray, CT scan of abdomen and also colonoscopy.

The results were are positive and no problem with my abdomen.

I was completely normal after the gastritis treatment until end of July.

I started to eat all kinds of food (in small amounts).

Since August another problem took off. For the past four weeks I have alternative diarrhea and constipation with bloating and dull lower abdominal pain.

I had piles attack once again. I had fybogel to treat my consipation and it worked well.

I asked my Gastro doctor about my condition on phone, he said since all your tests were normal, there is nothing to worry about.

Since I am living overseas, he suggested me to visit a GP.

I passed loose stools once last saturday and yesterday evening and today morning.

I am worried if I have IBD or IBS.

Please help.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Digestive Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem
Are you still experiencing symptoms on your current treatment for Ulcerative Colitis or Crohn's and ready for a different treatment/ready for a change?