Aa
A
A
A
Close
Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
1.93k Members

Life after Small Bowel Resection Surgery

I am 42 and have been dealing with my Crohn's for over 15 years. In Feb. 2015, I no longer could put off having the small bowel resection surgery and over 2 feet of my intestines was removed. Recovery has been hard however for the most part I feel good every day. I am back at work and often take dance classes to stay active. I have lost approximately 20lbs since the surgery and have learned what are my 'stay away from foods.' I take anti-diarrhea medicine before every meal and have at least 2 bm's a day.

Over the last few days, I have started to feel a dull pain in the abdomen section above the surgery incision. In addition, I feel tired, more than usual, some nauseous, limited appetite and pressure when I urinate. I can't quite say I have had this feeling before and its starting to alarm me. I take Tylenol to ease the pain but now that doesn't feel like its helping. And I often can't sleep at night because my stomach is hurting...Any suggestions or has anyone else dealt with the same symptoms nearly 3 months after surgery.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Digestive Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem
Are you still experiencing symptoms on your current treatment for Ulcerative Colitis or Crohn's and ready for a different treatment/ready for a change?