Aa
A
A
A
Close
Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
1.93k Members

Mom's heavy heart for 11year old with crohns

My daughter was dx with crohns at 7yrs old.She is on a very low dose of 6mp 50mg and has remicade infusion every 8 weeks. She has been doing this since 7 years old.  Her blood work shows her CRP level  at 0.1 her SED rate level at 1 and her albumin at4.3. All looks good to me.  She is doing total EEN
( Exclusive external nutrients) for 12 weeks through a NG tube. Got 4wks left to go:) our issue  is every morning she wakes up feeling nausea and throws up.
It is only in the morning. This has been going on for 2 years. It started out 2-3x a week. She would feel "fine"  afterwards and be ok to start her school day. At times  she would go three months or so and not have any problems. Now it's 7days a week and much more intense. Doctors don't have a answer. We've tried Pepcid for stomach acid, didn't help. I thought it was a reaction to a flare, but with her labs results and being on EEN she is in remission.
Would love to hear any suggestion as it is hard to watch your child suffer❤️
1 Responses
hv ur drs looked at other things because ur more likey to get other things wen u hv crohns. ive had gallstones n kidney stones because of the crohns, so mayb its something else. I no it must b horrible watching ur child go through it. I was diagnosed wen I was 8 n my parents reali didnt no what to do, I think its amazing tht u hv done ur research n no what all these things mean x
Have an Answer?
Top Digestive Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem
Are you still experiencing symptoms on your current treatment for Ulcerative Colitis or Crohn's and ready for a different treatment/ready for a change?