Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community

Opinions on test results

I have recently had a CT Scan and colonoscopy where Dr. said he removed 1 polyp and took several biopsies of different areas in my colon. The results came back as mild inflammation - no cancer. He had me do more lab work yesterday that has to be sent off and I should know in a couple days. He said he is looking for antibodies. He wants to rule out Crohn's.

I originally went to the doctor for most of the key symptoms of Crohn's. Well, I'm not having any of the weight loss - the one thing I wouldn't mind!! haha. Anyway, I have been mildly anemic on all of my lab reports for the last 3 years.

I'm know I'm being impatient, but what are the chances that this may be something much more simple than Crohn's?

Also, if it turns up that I do have Crohn's and it is causing the anemia, I wonder how I would manage it if I have to take anticoagulants every day for a blood clotting disorder.
Hello and welcome to the forum.  I'm really glad to hear cancer was ruled out!  You are funny.  I too wouldn't mind the weight loss symptom but never seem to get that one.  :))  

When will you have the results of the lab work with regards to antibodies?  When a doctor says they want to rule something out, that means there is a chance that it is not the case.  So, yes, this could be something more simple than Crohn's.  https://www.webmd.com/ibd-crohns-disease/crohns-disease/default.htm  Do keep in mind though that Crohn's Disease is in essence chronic immflamation of the colon.  The good news is if you do have Crohn's is that there are many medications available to treat it.  https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/crohns-disease/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20353309  Also, simple colitis is also immflamation so that could be the culprit as well. Also, inflammatory bowel disease.

So, there are possibilities.  Let us know your results to the lab work.  
hey, whatever happened with this.  What is your status now?  Would love to have an update.