Aa
A
A
A
Close
Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
1.93k Members

What to do now?

I started getting sick when I was 17. I realized I could no longer eat fast food, greasy deep fried foods, or meat. I always got severe stabbing pains in my lower stomach. Throughout the years my symptoms began to grow: chronic fatigue (its not just being tired its exhaustion), cystic acne, sore tongue, yeast infections, headaches, weak nails/hair, weight gain, along with this I have irregular periods I get them about once or twice a year, diarrhea/constipation, severe pain when using the bathroom, terrible immune system, and probably a ton more that I'm forgetting. I am now 23, I have been to a few doctors. One thought I just had an ulcer and gave me acid reducers which made my stomach pain worse. Another doctor did a few tests and everything came back negative. I thought for sure I have always had hypothyroidism then I thought I had Crohns. I have tried a lot of herbs and natural supplements. I don't and have never had health insurance and owe about $2000 already in hospital bills. Is there any hope for me?
1 Responses
1974283 tn?1425612724
I believe you know that something is wrong and you should continue to pursue an answer. IBD is something that can debilitate a person. I was on income assistance for over a year because I was never able to get any relief from medications, diet change, or exercise. It is expensive, but get a second opinion when you are feeling at your worst.
Have an Answer?
Top Digestive Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem
Are you still experiencing symptoms on your current treatment for Ulcerative Colitis or Crohn's and ready for a different treatment/ready for a change?