Aa
A
A
A
Close
Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
1.93k Members

crohn's? maybe? no one knows...

I had my 1st and only colonoscopy at 17 and an endoscopy at 15 both times i had inflammation yet they only took a biopsy during the colonoscopy which came back negative. Therefore i was lazily diagnosed with ibs. im 22 now and still having the same abdominal problems if not worse. i was given hyoscomine and phenergan for medication. they give some relief but not much. The symptoms i have include constipation and diarrhea, mouth sores, mucus in my stool, occasional hemorrhoids, stomach spasms, nausea, vomiting, inability to eat anything high in fiber,fat,spices. and so on... 5 years later and i spoke with a doctor who ran no tests and decided i have gastro paresis... The longer i wait if i do have crohns, the more damage that will be done if i go untreated... Any advice?
1 Responses
I dnt no if ur in da uk bt they can test 4 crohns just using stool samples nw, so maybe ask ur dr about doin tht. I was diagnosed when I was 8 but b4 tht drs just thought I had a werid obsession with going to the loo. I'm 24 n never really had a day witout some sort of pain or whateva. but I dont think nt being on treatment will make it worse, as I no its nt nice but its either ur having a flare up or nt, u just need to start worrying n get ur self to a n e if u start pooin blood. I had a leak in my intestines n I hv never felt anything like tht, plus there is so many other things u can get wit hvin crohns like gallstones n kidney stones x
Have an Answer?
Top Digestive Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem
Are you still experiencing symptoms on your current treatment for Ulcerative Colitis or Crohn's and ready for a different treatment/ready for a change?