Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
1.92k Members
Avatar universal

help paying for remicade treatments

I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis in January of 2012. I started Remicade infusion treatments in July of 2012. I have had 4 treatments and have seen a marked improvement but have since lost my job and insurance. Does anyone know where I might be able to get help paying for my Remicade infusion treatments? As many of you know I am sure UC is a very painful and debilitating disease.
4 Responses
1711789 tn?1361311607
Hi there!

I would suggest contacting the social services department in your region if they would be able to provide medical assistance. It might also be worthwhile contacting your doctors office if they could arrange medications/ samples at a low cost.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
1139443 tn?1369557184
Have you tried the Remistart program?
Avatar universal
I very much appreciate your response. I have checked with my local social services but because I do not have a minor child living with me they say there is no help for me....
Avatar universal
I appreciate your response. Is there a website for this program or do I just need to do a search? I remember seeing something about it in the doctor's office but nothing in depth.
Have an Answer?
Top Digestive Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem
Are you still experiencing symptoms on your current treatment for Ulcerative Colitis or Crohn's and ready for a different treatment/ready for a change?