Current Events . . . Community
42 Members

Failed on soda, now going after smokes

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/18/nyc-anti-smoking-plan-tobacco-view_n_2901164.html

First off, I'd like to say that I am not a smoker.  I do find it offensive and obviously it is no good for your health.  I'm pretty sure that every smoker in this country understands that, especially when they start to cough up a lung.

What I wanted to get to though was this..... What kind of fiscal shape is New York City in?  Are there no other issues there for Bloomberg to address?  I mean... go after the rat infestation or something, guy.  
go after the rat infestation or something, guy.  

---------------------------------
LOL He is!!
Forced birth control! I love it.
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-03-15/new-york-is-sterilizing-its-rats-dot-heres-how
Oh my God.  I've got to say that I am impressed that he isn't having veterinarians performing little vasectomies and hysterectomies.  
Hahahaha!
It seems that social issues are the way to go these days. I have no problem with putting smokes in the back room with the porn. Neither should be available to children. But some common sense and moderation are in order for the sugary drinks from restaurants imo. That just doesnt solve anything as far as I can tell.
We agree!  We agree!  
"I have no problem with putting smokes in the back room with the porn. Neither should be available to children."

Yup...I agree!
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.