Current Events . . . Community
42 Members

HR4646 bill in Congress

What do you think about the Bill in Congress HR4646 ...my opinion its proof we are being lead into socialism and worse very fast  its easiest to google the bill number above as there so many links about it .
hahahah so sorry its possible not interesting enough on here .lol
No it's not very interesting .....this bill was written in 2004 and doesn't seem to be going anywhere.  So I would calm down about the socialism, it's a bunch of garbage Fox news stuff.
Please post a link to your source.  
I will also check for the source and Its not a bunch of garbage ..his policies are mostly directed in favor of socialism, one doesn't need to watch Fox. I get most info online, why is everyone fixated on Fox , I watch the BBC a lot they are left wing and they know what Obama's leanings are ..
shtf411.com/hr-4646-a-tax--on-all-your-financial-transactions-t16...   plenty up there to read if you would care to browse..I picked the one from snopes .........
last post was for allaboutmary
When you post a question or article, you must post the source as well. It is not encumbant on those responding to provide it for you. Did  you not help make that rule? I found this in Open Congress.org  ..... What do I think about it? Well it never got voted on and is officially dead in the water, but it dont sound too damn bad to me. And you thought he did not have a plan!

Official Summary
2/23/2010--Introduced.Debt Free America Act - States as purposes of this Act the raising of sufficient revenue from a fee on transactions to eliminate the national debt within seven years and the phasing out of the individual income tax. Amends the Internal Revenue Code to impose a 1% fee, offset by a corresponding nonrefundable income tax credit, on transactions that use a payment instrument, including any check, cash, credit card, transfer of stock, bonds, or other financial instrument. Defines "transaction" to include retail and wholesale sales, purchases of intermediate goods, and financial and intangible transactions. Establishes in the legislative branch the Bipartisan Task Force for Responsible Fiscal Action to review the fiscal imbalance of the federal government and make recommendations to improve such imbalance. Provides for expedited consideration by Congress of Task Force recommendations. Repeals after 2017 the individual income tax, refundable and nonrefundable personal tax credits, and the alternative minimum tax (AMT) on individuals. Directs the Secretary of the Treasury to:
(1) prioritize the repayment of the national debt to protect the fiscal stability of the United States; and
(2) study and report to Congress on the implementation of this Act.

I am usually told to add the source and in fact I have added the link from snopes .
Margy if you got a problem with the bill proposed altho it has not passed, there are forms to contact your state congress representative on the site. ??
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.