Current Events . . . Community
42 Members

New 9/11 truth documentary among 'most watched' on PBS this week

"9/11: Explosive Evidence - Experts Speak Out" is getting public attention and casting doubt on the scientific validity of the U.S. government's investigation into the WTC tragedy.
PBS is the first major network to air the program.

Just days away from the 11th anniversary of the World Trade Center tragedy and months away from the U.S. presidential election, a game-changing 9/11 documentary is ranking number three among "most watched" documentaries on PBS and number one among "most shared."
Available for free online August 18th - September 4th, the documentary could have a significant effect on public opinion. [Update: PBS has extended viewing indefinitely.]
Both the Republicans and Democrats, as equally staunch defenders of the official story, stand to be affected if the public's suspicion of government corruption grows deeper.

An earlier report on Digital Journal found that the claims made in the documentary can be verified by reading the government reports themselves. The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), the government agency charged with the investigation, did not provide any data -- no measurements or estimates -- of the mass or energy that would be required to bring down the buildings in about ten seconds. Normally a scientific report would present all the data that is used to construct a theory. The omission of data is a red flag to anyone familiar with scientific procedure. It appears that the investigators may have intentionally produced reports that the scientific community would reject.

According to the experts appearing in Explosive Evidence, the scientific community did reject the reports immediately, but it has taken a very long time for this message to reach the public. Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth, the producers of the documentary, have been trying to educate the public for a number of years. The PBS broadcast of their work represents a major step forward for them.

While most people have probably heard that a scientific investigation has been conducted and that the building collapses were explained, few have probably looked at the NIST reports themselves. Links to the NIST reports can be found in the above mentioned Digital Journal article. NIST provides no data whatsoever on the actual collapse sequence itself.

The new attention to the issue could be significant for the U.S. presidential election. Prior to the publication of the reports in 2005 and 2008, almost half the population was suspicious of the official story of 9/11, according to several opinion polls. Since then the 9/11 tragedy has been used to direct the policies that have led to the enormous increases in military spending and to a loss of civil liberties in the U.S. and worldwide.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/332051#ixzz25qFo0vu0
Check out this site:
http://patriotsquestion911.com/
I watched it. It was really hard for me to reconcile the truth with what I wanted to be the truth. Very scary.
Good for them-these are not nuts or conspiracy theorists, they are scientists and apolitical..They want the truth and now, I do too, as much as it hurts to consider it.
Wow.... I don't know what else to say!  
I haven't watched this documentary.  A little confused reading this article?  Is it implying that what happened on 911 wasn't factual?  

I am struggling with this a bit...on that day there is no question that radical extremists hijacked planes and flew them into the World Trade Center.  So many innocent people died that day and it was one of the most horrific things I have ever witnessed (on TV of course, I wasn't there).  What happened afterward in terms of US response is of course debatable.  Personally, I don't agree with the Iraq war, but did support and understand what happened in Afghanistan. Just my opinion.  And I know everyone has there's.  But I just feel that we cannot forget what actually happened and what that day means.. innocent people were murdered.  I personally would love to see 9/11 debate put to rest and the folks that were killed memorialized and allowed to rest in peace.  Just my two cents.
It doesn't question the planes flying into the towers, but it does question everything else that happened at the towers.  Compelling.....  I wonder if this is the guy who did a bit on the Pentagon?  There was one "conspiracy theory" out there, done documentary style that was mildly compelling.... can't find it anywhere.
There are signs all over my town that say, '911 was an inside job'.
As horrible as it is to contemplate, the facts behind what happened on 9/11/ are more than what the public has been led to believe.

The one fact of many that sticks out in my mind is that buildings would not collapse the way the World Trade Center did from being hit by an airplane. They collapsed in the way that planned demolishions are done. And there are reports of an explosion just before the planes hit.

To help explain, I've copied from the sources below.

http://www.ae911truth.org/en/news-section/41-articles/653-debunking-the-real-911-myths-why-popular-mechanics-cant-face-up-to-reality-part-5-nanothermite-in-the-towers.html

WTC Building #7, a 47-story high-rise not hit by an airplane, exhibited all the characteristics of classic controlled demolition with explosives:

Rapid onset of collapse
    Sounds of explosions at ground floor – a second before the building's destruction
    Symmetrical "structural failure" – through the path of greatest resistance – at free-fall acceleration
    Imploded, collapsing completely, and landed in its own footprint
    Massive volume of expanding pyroclastic-like clouds
    Expert corroboration from the top European controlled demolition professional
    Foreknowledge of "collapse" by media, NYPD, FDNY

In the aftermath of WTC7's destruction, strong evidence of demolition using incendiary devices was discovered:

FEMA finds rapid oxidation and intergranular melting on structural steel samples
    Several tons of molten metal reported by numerous highly qualified witnesses
    Chemical signature of the incendiary thermite found in solidified molten metal, and dust samples

WTC7 exhibited none of the characteristics of destruction by fire:

Slow onset with large visible deformations
    Asymmetrical collapse which follows the path of least resistance (laws of conservation of momentum would cause a falling, to the side most damaged by the fires)
    Evidence of fire temperatures capable of softening steel
    High-rise buildings with much larger, hotter, and longer lasting fires have never collapsed

http://www.dc911truth.org/2012_Question_Brochure.pdf

Who was behind 9/11?
Evidence shows the the 9/11 attacks could not have occurred without hight-level complicity from rogue elements within the U.S. government, as well as complicity form some of our allies.

We the public have the right to know the facts as horrific as they may be.

I'm not even sure I can wrap my mind around such a possibility.  I am certainly not discounting what the scientists are saying but just the very thought of someone or a group of someones inside the gov't having any part to play in this makes me physically ill.  I will be honest, I have never bought into any of the conspiracy theories, but then again, I have never seen any true evidence pointing in that direction.  I will watch..I just have to be in the right place.  If it ever comes out that there was complicity within the US gov't or any of it's allies, I cannot even begin to imagine what that will mean for your country.  It will be ripped apart at the seams I think.  I truly, with all my heart, hope that that is not the case.  I truly do.
I know how you feel. I have a relative who I dismissed for years-I would not hear him. It just doesn't make sense that our Government could be in on such a thing.
When I watched the documentary on PBS, I really wanted to dismiss it, but so many retired military people and conservative folk, top engineers and architects, on site Fire Marshall so many people are saying that the planes could not have done this on their own-it was a demolition on the inside. These are not radicals trying to hurt the Government these are scientists.
We don't know the whole story, the whys or any of that and I simply won't speculate, but the truth needs to come out, it is the only way to honor the dead and their families and to live in a democratic nation.
You know, I still find it hard to wrap my head around and I am almost sorry that I am convinced now. :(
Sigh, I entirely understand about needing to be in the right frame of mind before watching films like this one.
As you only know too well, it is horrendous what some people are willing to do to others.

As quoted from the dc911truth.org web site:

U.S involvement in foreign wars, fiscal crises, loss of liberties, growing class divisions, and assassinations fo American citizens are escalating-- all as a result of 9/11

Only by exposing the truth behind 9/11 and demanding accountability can we bring about real change toward peace.
I agree with you OH and this question is not meant to be argumentative, it is a sincere question. How is "growing class divisions, and assassinations fo American citizens are escalating-- all as a result of 9/11"  a result of the 911 tragedy. If you man the class divisions are a result of the failing economy which is due to the wars we got entangled in after 911, then I can see that but it is more indirect-could be they would have gotten into a war another way that would have resulted in a failing economy. I don't know, I am asking and thinking aloud and actually as I am doing this I can see the possible "rationale" for something like this-My God, would Bush/Cheney really cause something like this to happen to get the okay to attack Iraq? I cannot believe it, I actually feel a fluttering sort of heartbreak at such an idea. As bad as they were it is hard for me to comprehend such action.
All the "theroies" have been debunked many times over. There was no charges inside the towers, Bin Ladens family was not flown out the same day. CIA or whoever didn't have anything to do with it.

You can find anything you want if you look hard enough.

If you want to believe that it was an inside job or our government had anything to do with it I suggest you seek a mental health professional. If some find my statement insulting, good because it's insulting to suggest that our government had anythng to do with 9/11.
Im not much into these theories. I put this one in the same file as the one that suggested President Kennedy was an inside job or that obama is the antichrist.

As someone else said. I just cannot wrap my head around that possibility.What it is is a horrible tragedy anyway you look at it imo.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.