Current Events . . . Community
42 Members

Perry reveals plan for total US Anarchy:Moratorium on all regulation

http://thinkprogress.org/green/2011/08/15/296314/perry-reveals-plan-for-total-u-s-anarchy-put-a-moratorium-on-all-regulations/

Today, Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX) issued the first policy position of his presidential campaign by asking the White House to issue a “moratorium on regulations across this country”:

We’re calling today on the president of the United States to put a moratorium on regulations across this country, because his regulations, his EPA regulations are killing jobs all across America.

Watch it:

“We’re sending out a request today asking President Obama to put a moratorium on all regulations,” Perry said on WHO radio in Iowa, recorded live by ThinkProgress.

Under such a moratorium, the Food and Drug Administration would stop approving new drugs and preventing human experimentation; the USDA would stop checking for food safety; the EPA would stop monitoring for poisons in drinking water; the Library of Congress would stop loaning materials to blind people; the NTSB would stop investigating airplane accidents; HHS would end Medicare payments; no more patents, copyrights, or trademarks would be issued; DHS would stop protecting chemical facilities from terrorist attacks; the Treasury would stop printing currency; financial sanctions on hostile nations like North Korea and Iran would end; and the Federal Reserve System would shut down.

Perry’s “moratorium on regulations” would mean a literal end to the rules of law in the United States. At least it would also mean that all of President George W. Bush’s midnight regulations favoring polluters and industry abuses would also be lifted.

Update

Perry is taking a more strident stand than the one his staff has prescribed for him on his website, a “six-month freeze on new federal regulations.” Such a freeze would prevent everything from science-based standards for smog pollution to approval of the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline.
Now wouldnt that be nice? NO Regulations! WOW! Someone explain how this makes any sense at all?
I'm with you teko... I don't see how this makes any sense.

Then again, I'm a blind Rick Perry follower, so I'm sure there's method to his madness, and he's correct in his "moratorium on regulations" stance.

~chants~
PERRY!!! PERRY!!! PERRY!!! PERRY!!! PERRY!!!

*In all seriousness, I'm not following the logic of this suggested moratorium. Hopefully R Glass, Brice or MikeSimon will come along to explain it (they're smarter than I am), and clarify the stance.
LMNO, I’m not that smart, I just don’t have much of a life right now.

After reading this article and many more I came to the conclusion that they were more of opinion than fact. Basically they took a comment he said and blew it out of proportion. From what I found, Perry is calling for the Obama administration to put a hold on all new regulations for six months.

http://www.rickperry.org/news/perry-obama-administration-should-impose-freeze-on-new-federal-regulations/

““It is hard enough for small businesses to keep their doors open under this Administration’s failed economic experiment, and the last thing employers need is additional regulations that kill jobs,” said Gov. Perry. “While the president issues executive orders to study what regulations harm business”

To proclaim that Perry is trying to shut down The FDA, EPA, Federal Reserve, etc. is ludicrous
This would be like saying Obama’s Moratorium on Deep Water Drilling would halt all off shore drilling.  We all know this was only a temporary freeze (A good call because at the time we would not be able to handle another deep well explosion and we would have lost our Gulf Coasts forever regardless of what the media is saying, we still have a lot of contaminated marsh)

This is just the beginning so, look forward to a lot of propaganda coming from both sides. I would like to say if it sounds to bizarre to be true, it’s probably not but that’s not the case anymore.
A biasedly written news report? THE HELL YOU SAY! Blasphemer!!!!

*Okay, so his words were misquoted AND taken out of context. I get it. Now that I've read Perry's ACTUAL words, I understand what he's saying.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL_HRH8DyqE

Not no new rules. Just no rules. BIIIIGGGG Difference.

Here are a few categories of regulations that come immediately to mind.

Nuclear Safety Regulations

Drug Safety Regulations

Food Safety Regulations

Federal Aviation Regulations

Clean Water Regulations

Clean Air Regulations

Consumer Protection Regulations

Banking Regulations

I’ve noticed the Main News Media has not jumped on the Bandwagon. The reason is because it is not news worthy. He clearly did not mean to shut down all regulations in the U.S. I’ve noticed it’s been mostly biased websites making a big deal out of this. If it were credible, it would be on every News Station constantly (World Wide). I don’t think Obama even responded to it. Anyone in their right mind knows you can’t stop all regulations. Something like this would knock him out of the race before he even got started. I don’t know what to think of Perry yet but, I don’t think he is that stupid.
I am looking forward to a “slugfest” between him and Romney.
You arent accepting notes so I have to ask you here.
Do you remember that site you gave out a while back, it was neutral..all about the politicians and what they were or were not for?
I was hoping to look at it.
Really? hmmm, I better check my account settings. I replaced my pic the other day and obviously messed up the other settings. Thanks for letting me know. I think this is the link I gave. It is a great non partisan site.

http://www.votesmart.org/extended_bio.php?can_id=15373
thank you! That is the site! :)
El, I can't explain it... I can't even make something up that will suffice.  No regulation?  Come on.... I think the EPA has done a great job with the majority of the regulations that they have implemented.  I just have a gut feeling that some of what the EPA is doing these days is a bit antiquated.  I'm not real sure what I mean when I say that, but I have seen on a local basis some real obscure rationalizations on their behalf.  (I mentioned a bar-b-que pit ruling on a previous post....)  Again, I'll question common sense... where did it go?
EPA to Crack Down on Farm Dust
http://www.news9.com/story/12899662/epa-to-crack-down-on-farm-dust?redirected=true
“OKLAHOMA CITY -- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is considering a crackdown on farm dust, so senators have signed a letter addressing their concerns on the possible regulations.
The letter dated July 23 to the EPA states, "If approved, would establish the most stringent and unparalleled regulation of dust in our nation's history." It further states, "We respect efforts for a clean and healthy environment, but not at the expense of common sense. These identified levels will be extremely burdensome for farmers and livestock producers to attain. Whether its livestock kicking up dust, soybeans being combined on a dry day in the fall, or driving a car down the gravel road, dust is a naturally occurring event."
Read the letter to EPA signed by 21 senators including Jim Inhofe and Tom Coburn
Many in the Oklahoma farming industry are opposed to the EPA's consideration. One farmer said the possible regulations are ridiculous.
"It's plain common sense, we don't want to do anything detrimental," said farmer Curtis Roberts. "If the dust is detrimental to us, it's going to be to everybody. We're not going to do anything to hurt ourselves or our farm."
Roberts, a fourth generation farmer and rancher in Arcadia, said regulating dust in rural areas will hurt farmers' harvest, cultivation and livelihood.
"Anytime you work ground, you're going to have dust. I don't know how they'll regulate it," Roberts said. "The regulations are going to put us down and keep us from doing things we need to be doing because of the EPA."
Oklahoma Farm Bureau President Mike Spradling said the rules could be detrimental to farmers across the Sooner State.
"We as an organization do not feel dust is a pollutant," Spradling said. "It would almost be impossible to comply with what's being addressed now from the EPA as in agriculture. We're doing everything we possibly can."
"It's just common sense, we don't like dust in the morning but it's something we got to live with," Roberts said.”

Wow. Farm dust? This is stupid. Just like studying how much flatulence cows have and how it effects the ozone. Please. These people are all crazy. If they really care about the environment, why not worry about things like drinking water full of prescription drugs and hair. Now thats disgusting and something to be concerned about. How about the government using human waste as fertilizer. Theres a danger waiting to happen.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.