A
A
A
Close
Current Events . . . Community
42 Members
657315 tn?1319494987

The New Health Coverage in a Nutshell

The phone rings and the lady of the house answers.

"Hello?"

"Mrs. Johnson, please."

"Speaking."

"Mrs. Johnson, this is Dr. Jones at Quest Diagnostics.

When your husband's doctor sent his biopsy to the lab last week, a biopsy  from another Mr. Johnson arrived as well. We are now uncertain which one  belongs to your husband. Frankly, either way the results are not too  good."

"What do you mean?"  Mrs. Johnson asks nervously.

"Well, one of the specimens tested positive for Alzheimer's and the other one tested positive for HIV.  We can't tell which is  which."

"That's dreadful! Can you do the test again?" questioned Mrs. Johnson.

"Normally we can, but the new health care system will only pay for these expensive tests just one time."

''Well, what am I supposed to do now? "

"The folks at Obama Health Care recommend that you drop your  husband off somewhere in the middle of town. If he finds his way home, don't sleep with him."
58 Responses
535822 tn?1443980380
OMG Thats brilliant  I laughed my socks off ...with a piece of luck Twe that Health care plan is outta there ,.LOL .
That was great!  If that Bill passes, by the time the testing comes, they will know the difference, one won't be living and the other won't find the place to get tested. They have to save money some kinda way!
973741 tn?1342346373
Very funny twehner!!!  Where do you get your material?

I've always wondered this about healthcare------  and where better to ask it than a place in which I could get blasted out of this universe . . . but anyhoo-----  I do have insurance that has a pretty high deductible as well as a copay.  So if I am sick, I decide when is the right time to go to the doctor as the visit will cost me money.  I don't go for every little thing and recover just fine.   If someone else was paying for my healthcare ----- would I be more apt to go for every little ache, pain, sniffle?  Having financial responsibility for my own healthcare means that I must be practical.  

649848 tn?1534637300
Twehner, that's another good one..........and also very true.  

specialmom -- you are right about your insurance.  All of us who pay for our own insurance have to decide when is the right time to go to the doctor.  We can't run for every little ache or pain.  You said the magic words on this one "FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY"............
535822 tn?1443980380
I love the way you use Homor to get the truth out there ,,Thing is today I hear that Pelosi is willing to 'Pole Vault' and even
' Parachute'(what a sight) the OBama Reform through regardless ...
649848 tn?1534637300
Maybe she'll "pole vault" to outer space???  

Can't help but wonder how HER constituents might feel about that.  Maybe she doesn't care whether or not she's reelected?  
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.