Current Events . . . Community
42 Members

The New Health Coverage in a Nutshell

The phone rings and the lady of the house answers.

"Hello?"

"Mrs. Johnson, please."

"Speaking."

"Mrs. Johnson, this is Dr. Jones at Quest Diagnostics.

When your husband's doctor sent his biopsy to the lab last week, a biopsy  from another Mr. Johnson arrived as well. We are now uncertain which one  belongs to your husband. Frankly, either way the results are not too  good."

"What do you mean?"  Mrs. Johnson asks nervously.

"Well, one of the specimens tested positive for Alzheimer's and the other one tested positive for HIV.  We can't tell which is  which."

"That's dreadful! Can you do the test again?" questioned Mrs. Johnson.

"Normally we can, but the new health care system will only pay for these expensive tests just one time."

''Well, what am I supposed to do now? "

"The folks at Obama Health Care recommend that you drop your  husband off somewhere in the middle of town. If he finds his way home, don't sleep with him."
OMG Thats brilliant  I laughed my socks off ...with a piece of luck Twe that Health care plan is outta there ,.LOL .
That was great!  If that Bill passes, by the time the testing comes, they will know the difference, one won't be living and the other won't find the place to get tested. They have to save money some kinda way!
Very funny twehner!!!  Where do you get your material?

I've always wondered this about healthcare------  and where better to ask it than a place in which I could get blasted out of this universe . . . but anyhoo-----  I do have insurance that has a pretty high deductible as well as a copay.  So if I am sick, I decide when is the right time to go to the doctor as the visit will cost me money.  I don't go for every little thing and recover just fine.   If someone else was paying for my healthcare ----- would I be more apt to go for every little ache, pain, sniffle?  Having financial responsibility for my own healthcare means that I must be practical.  

Twehner, that's another good one..........and also very true.  

specialmom -- you are right about your insurance.  All of us who pay for our own insurance have to decide when is the right time to go to the doctor.  We can't run for every little ache or pain.  You said the magic words on this one "FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY"............
I love the way you use Homor to get the truth out there ,,Thing is today I hear that Pelosi is willing to 'Pole Vault' and even
' Parachute'(what a sight) the OBama Reform through regardless ...
Maybe she'll "pole vault" to outer space???  

Can't help but wonder how HER constituents might feel about that.  Maybe she doesn't care whether or not she's reelected?  
No she doesnt nor does Harry Reid , well they must be at retiring anyway ...what really gets me is none of them NONE will be using any healthcare plan .. so they dont care what they ram down our throats they will have done their part ...in creating Chaos ....we have to look beyond the Box
Isn't there already medicare and medicaid?  If you are pregnant and uninsured, all prenatal care, delivery charges, and after care are provided for.  AND a home nurses visit.  AND baby well care. Already, this very day provided free of charge in my state to those that are indigent.  Why not focas on improving those programs and have services that help people navigate throught he system?  Can't afford healthcare, can afford big, flat screen tv.  That is one of the things that I take issues with.  I realize that not all fit into that category and the programs need enhancement and improvement----------- but there ARE programs there.  
The rich get richer and the poor are taken care of. No one is arguing that point. The people that fall thru the cracks with pre existing, or lose their healthcare with their jobs, or even those who have it who reach the max pay out because maybe they were diagnosed with cancer or something that calls for extensive care.

Medicaid is full of people able bodied and on the system. They have no problem taking that handout. Some would say tho that it is not much that they get, just a meager amount. Factor in free healthcare for the whole family, a check every month, food stamps, wic, discount on housing, free childcare etc.

The rich have no problems because well, they are rich!

Free clinics are not an option for people who are still working and making a paycheck. At most you can go to a reduced fee according to your pay, but again, tests and everything like that are not covered in that fee. They send you somewhere else that charges full price. So that is not an option for someone with chronic problems either.

At the rate that premiums are going up, I give it 5 years at most before people are literally begging the government to come up with options.  If you want no government involvement at all, check out the system China has and see if you still want it.

Medicare is a government run plan as well, and you will not find anyone wanting to part with it. There is also fraud and waste on the part of the doctors and patients recieving these government benefits. Another would be SSI, or even Workers Comp fraud. The list is endless.

The ignorance on what is going on around us is amazing to me. I guess you dont get it till it hits home. Time will tell.
specialmom,
that is what I have been saying. Our state has provisions for people that can't afford insurance. Actually they can get the best at the Medical College Hospital. I always pick drs there, because they are the most trained and they stay up to date on everything. I was injured and it was life threatening, guess where they transported me. They saved my life and I didn't have a good chance of surviving. People pay what they can afford. No insurance, they just set up payments--no copay. They will get the treatment they need no matter how expensive it is. We have the WIC Program, well baby care, food stamps, you name it. We can pick a plan if we want and can afford it, and if we can't then we still have plenty of programs to get the care we need. Children that have serious life long problems qualify for Medicare and more.
I'm sure that just about every State has provisions. It is sure cheaper if we pay the taxes as we have so far that goes toward covering those plans than to pay the IRS for govt care, that our care will require costs, co-pays, fines, losing the choice of our own care, having gov. trained visitors coming to our homes and invading our lives, telling us how to eat, how to live, and come back to make sure we have, tell us to lose weight, see if we are doing it, and may decide our health problems are our own fault, so no care. They will decide our life or lack of life for us. They must keep costs down, so long term care will be considered on cost rather than need.
I must post the Executive Order that Obama has made for Health Reform, back in 09. The concerns sound good, but then so did all his speeches. I wonder why they are voting on something he has already signed by Executive Order. I will post it.
As copied from the White House Site:

Skip to main content | Skip to footer site map The White House. President Barack Obama. Get Email UpdatesContact Us.Go to homepage.The White House Blog Photos & Videos
Photo GalleriesVideo.Live StreamsPodcasts..Briefing Room
Your Weekly AddressSpeeches & RemarksPress BriefingsStatements & Releases.Presidential ActionsFeatured LegislationNominations & AppointmentsDisclosures..Issues
Civil RightsDefenseDisabilitiesEconomyEducationEnergy & EnvironmentEthicsFamily.Fiscal ResponsibilityForeign PolicyHealth CareHomeland SecurityImmigrationPovertyRuralSeniors & Social Security.ServiceTaxesTechnologyUrban PolicyVeteransWomenAdditional Issues..The Administration
President Barack ObamaVice President Joe BidenFirst Lady Michelle ObamaDr. Jill Biden.The CabinetWhite House StaffExecutive Office of the President..About the White House
HistoryPresidentsFirst LadiesThe Oval OfficeThe Vice President's Residence & OfficeEisenhower Executive Office Building.Camp DavidAir Force OneWhite House FellowsWhite House InternshipsWhite House 101Tours & Events..Our Government
The Executive BranchThe Legislative BranchThe Judicial BranchThe Constitution.Federal Agencies & CommissionsElections & VotingState & Local GovernmentResources.....Home • Briefing Room • Presidential Actions • Executive Orders .    
THE WHITE HOUSE
Office of the Press Secretary
------------------------------------------------
For Immediate Release                            April 8, 2009  
EXECUTIVE ORDER
ESTABLISHMENT OF THE WHITE HOUSE OFFICE OF HEALTH REFORM

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, and in the interest of providing all Americans access to affordable and high-quality health care, it is hereby ordered as follows:
Section 1. Policy. Reforming the health care system is a key goal of my Administration. The health care system suffers from serious and pervasive problems; access to health care is constrained by high and rising costs; and the quality of care is not consistent and must be improved, in order to improve the health of our citizens and our economic security.
Sec.2. Establishment. (a) There is established a White House Office of Health Reform (Health Reform Office) within the Executive Office of the President that will provide leadership to the executive branch in establishing policies, priorities, and objectives for the Federal Government's comprehensive effort to improve access to health care, the quality of such care, and the sustainability of the health care system.
(b) The Secretary of Health and Human Services, to the extent permitted by law, shall establish within the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) an Office of Health Reform, which shall coordinate closely with the White House Office of Health Reform.
Sec. 3. Functions. The principal functions of the Health Reform Office, to the extent permitted by law, are to:
(a) provide leadership for and to coordinate the development of the Administration's policy agenda across executive departments and agencies concerning the provision of high-quality, affordable, and accessible health care and to slow the growth of health costs; this shall include coordinating policy development with the Domestic Policy Council, National Economic Council, Council of Economic Advisers, Office of Management and Budget, HHS, Office of Personnel Management, and such other executive departments and agencies as the Director of the Health Reform Office may deem appropriate;
(b) work with executive departments and agencies to ensure that Federal Government policy decisions and programs are consistent with the President's stated goals with respect to health reform;
(c) integrate the President's policy agenda concerning health reform across the Federal Government;
(d) coordinate public outreach activities conducted by executive departments and agencies designed to gather input from the public, from demonstration and pilot projects, and from public-private partnerships on the problems and priorities for policy measures designed to meet the President's goals for improvement of the health care system;
(e) bring to the President's attention concerns, ideas, and policy options for strengthening, increasing the efficiency, and improving the quality of the health care system;
(f) work with State, local, and community policymakers and public officials to expand coverage, improve quality and efficiency, and slow the growth of health costs;
(g) develop and implement strategic initiatives under the President's agenda to strengthen the public agencies and private organizations that can improve the performance of the health care system;
(h) work with the Congress and executive departments and agencies to eliminate unnecessary legislative, regulatory, and other bureaucratic barriers that impede effective delivery of efficient and high-quality health care;
(i) monitor implementation of the President's agenda on health reform; and
(j) help ensure that policymakers across the executive branch work toward the President's health care agenda.
Sec. 4. Administration. (a) The Health Reform Office may work with established or ad hoc committees, task forces, or interagency groups.
(b) The Health Reform Office shall have a staff headed by the Director of the Health Reform Office (Director). The Health Reform Office shall have such staff and other assistance as may be necessary to carry out the provisions of this order.
(c) As requested by the Director, each executive department and agency shall designate a liaison to work with the Health Reform Office on improving access to health care, the quality of health care, and the sustainability of the health care system.
(d) All executive departments and agencies shall cooperate with the Health Reform Office and provide such information, support, and assistance to the Health Reform Office as it may request, to the extent permitted by law.
Sec. 5. General Provisions. (a) Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:
(i) authority granted by law to a department, agency, or the head thereof; or
(ii) functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals. (b) This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations. (c) This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity, by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.
BARACK OBAMA
THE WHITE HOUSE,
April 8, 2009

My question is why are they voting on Health Care Reform when Obama signed off on it shortly after being in office?
This is what they do its all behind closed doors then they will give him the bill and he will willingly sign it probably whilst saying it wasnt his fault ....maybe it was Bush pushing that pen along when he signed ..
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.