Aa
A
A
A
Close
DNA / Paternity Community
1.7k Members

Conception date

Okay I found out I was pregnant on 1/25/15. So went to the doctor on 2/5/15 and doctor said I was about 5 weeks. No baby, no heartbeat just sac or yolk. (Pic above) Went back to the doctor for second ultrasound on 2/20/15 and ultrasound stated I was estimated to be 7 weeks & 3 days. I don't know if my doctor goes by last period or what to get that but I think she does because the 7 weeks & 3 days matched up to my period just off by about 4 days. But she measured the baby on the ultrasound from romp to crown. Estimated due date is 10/6/15. My question is I couldn't have conceived December 12 right? Because I was thinking if I did the first ultrasound would have detected a baby and would be much bigger than just a sac. And I would be further along right? Another question is my doctor dating pregnancy by my last period? Thanks!!!
1 Responses
134578 tn?1546634665
COMMUNITY LEADER
I would assume your doctor is dating the pregnancy by the first day (or assumed first day) of your last period, since that is what doctors are trained to do.  That is when the GA (medical count of weeks of pregnancy) begins.  If you are nervous, you could always run these questions by your doctor just to be sure of the terms she is using.

From the estimated due date of October 6, you would have conceived about a month later than the December 12 date you're asking about.  That date also implies that you had a period between the guys, didn't you say that happened?  
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
4769306 tn?1568493809
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.