Aa
A
A
A
Close
DNA / Paternity Community
1.65k Members

False positive result from prenatal dna test?

Falsee positive result from prenatal dna test? My test was from DDC. Timing just doesn’t add up right I tested him to get him out of the way and results came back 99.9% he is the father. I conceived the week of Nov 10-15. The guy I tested was Oct 30th. The guy who I wanted to be the father was Nov 2nd & Nov 13th (the actual day I supposedly conceived).
2 Responses
134578 tn?1517087675
COMMUNITY LEADER
It's pretty hard to get a false positive on a pregnancy test compared to a false negative, and sperm can live a long time in the woman's reproductive tract. Women often write in who doubt their prenatal test results, always ones who did not test with both men. I assume you didn't test with the other guy?
1 Comments
No he refused
134578 tn?1517087675
COMMUNITY LEADER
If the guy you want to be the father refused to test, wait until the baby comes, and do a DNA test of the kind that is certified by the courts to determine paternity, and do it with both guys. The courts will not take prenatal tests as evidence for establishing paternity, and you will need a court-approved DNA test. If the guy from November continues to refuse, see a lawyer. You are not obliged to tell the attorney that you got a prenatal test with the first guy that said he is the dad, since it can't be used as evidence anyway. And besides, you aren't even convinced it is accurate.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
4769306 tn?1528857266
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.