Aa
A
A
A
Close
DNA / Paternity Community
1.65k Members

Unsure who the dad is, terrified!!

I'm 6 weeks 1 day. I'm stressed as to who the father is. My last menstrual was Oct. 14th, before that Sept. 12th, and before that Aug. 12th. So I have a 30-32 day cycle. I had unprotected sex with both men. One ejaculated in me on the Oct. 28th and the other pulled out Oct. 30th. I've done a lot of ovulation calculator tests and some say Oct. 30th is my ovulation day others say Nov. 1st or Oct. 28th. Who is the dad?
2 Responses
134578 tn?1517087675
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, how do you get the 6 weeks 1 day figure, did a doctor give it to you from an ultrasound?
4 Comments
Yes I had an ultrasound done Wednesday.
When they did the ultrasound, did they give you an estimated due date? It might show on the ultrasound as an E.D.D.
By Wednesday, did you mean two days ago? (November 29?)
Yes this recent Wednesday. Before Wednesday my due date was 7/21/18 now it's 7/24/18
134578 tn?1517087675
COMMUNITY LEADER
I think you will only be able to tell by getting a DNA test. They are very costly if done before the baby comes, but if you want one before the birth be sure to use either Ravgen or the DDC, not some charlatan so-called lab, and to test with both men. If you wait and test after the baby comes, use a lab recommended by the family courts in your area of jurisdiction, not a drugstore test. The kind where people show their ID and get photographed. And again, test with both men.
3 Comments
DNA tests cost only about a tenth as much after the baby comes.Just be sure you go to a legitimate lab -- get a recommendation from the judge's clerk in the family court. You will need a DNA test anyway for child-support purposes, the courts accept only the post-natal tests.
I'm just so scared to continue on with the pregnancy if it's not with my now recent ex...it would break his heart...he's made me very angry indeed but doesn't deserve this. I just want to tell him as soon as I can but idk how he'll react
As I mentioned above, DNA tests for purposes of determining paternity are available before the baby comes. They are not invasive nor dangerous to the baby. The two most recommended labs for this purpose are Ravgen and the DDC. If you do a prenatal test, don't use some fake so-called lab, use only one of those two choices, and test with both men. The down side is that testing before the baby is born costs a lot of money, and when the baby is born you will have to test again at a lab approved by the courts for determining paternity. (Prenatal DNA tests are not approved for this purpose no matter how good the lab is.) Good luck with your decision.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
4769306 tn?1528857266
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.