DNA / Paternity Community

What was the reason for your D&C?

At 7.5 weeks my vaginal ultrasound showed only en empty gestational sac (blighted ovum). My doc did the d&c to examine the tissue and ensure my 'pregnancy' was not molar. Kind of a shocking experience, as it was unexpected, but the pain/cramping was brief & no bleeding as of the next day.
At 11 weeks, the fetus was very small and the heart stopped. I just needed to end it as soon as possible for my own sanity. My D&C was done 2 days later. It helped me grieve with some type of finality.
The reason for my dilation and curettage (D&C) was due to thickening of my uterine wall.
I went for my first ultrasound at 9 weeks, but the baby had only developed to about 6.5 weeks, but still with a heartbeat. My doctor had me have some extra follow-up ultrasounds, which showed that the baby did not grow anymore, and in the last ultrasound there was no heartbeat anymore. I did not have any bleeding. I had a D&C (suction) in my GYN's office, with local numbing of the cervix, a pill inserted to soften the cervix, + a muscle relaxant and general painkiller. The procedure itself took only a couple of minutes, but for me both the dilation and the suction were very painful, so thankfully it only took less than a minute. If I had to do this again, I would probably be put under. Only slight cramping and bleeding after. It seems to be different from person to person, many don't find it painful, but for me it was.
I am scheduled to have a D & C in two weeks. I am 62 years old and I have had some irregular bleeding for a couple of weeks on and off. My doctor found a cyst in my uterus. I am very nervous. I've never had a surgical procedure before. Doctor is very informative and staff is very kind and helpful, but I'm still nervous.
The reason I had a D&C was due to a rare and not common pregnancy which I'd known as a molar pregnancy.
Last year I went through a miscarriage. I tried to go through it without the D&C. It was awful.  I would never want to go through that again. This time when I miscarried, I was about 7 weeks when they did the sonogram there was no heartbeat. We went ahead and set up for the D&C.  It is still an emotional experience but wasnt as painful.
During my seventh week, I went to my doctor for my first ultrasound. She said there was no heartbeat and the and the fetus was not growing properly, so I was immediately scheduled for a D&C.
My procedure was due to heavy bleeding and cyst.  I had the procedure a week ago; and still have heavy stomach cramps without taking moltrin.  I am very concerned; I should be up and about by now.  I had my tubes tied 13 years ago; but I do have cyst and fibroids.
I had a d&c done because of polups and my cycle was all messed up. My cycle hasent bothered me in 3 months but I cramp like crazy the surgery was great except for the cramping it stinks
i am goin for a d&c but i already had an ultrascan and smear,which was ok i have a pessary inserted and when having it changed the doctor found some blood on it.i dont have any bleeding apart from after having the pessary changed. why then should i need a d&C i am 69.
I was almost 9 weeks pregnant and the baby died at 6 weeks and had no heartbeat. I tried taking the pill to expel the baby which that part worked but my body did not expel everything. I have chosen to do the D & C due to the pills not completely working. I wanted to avoid surgery but all the pain I went through with the pills was insane and I am just ready for my body to go back to normal.
I had my D&C after finding I had a problem which caused me to start bleeding uncontrollably.  I lost 1/3 of my blood volume in a short amount of time, causing me to go into shock.  After arriving at the hospital, I immediately got a pap smear, which showed polyps actually protruding from my cervix.  After the D&C, the doctor explained that the polyps were bursting inside my uterus and causing the massive blood loss.  A few weeks later, tests results showed that I was in the first stages of endometrial cancer.
Two consecutive months of excessive and long menstrual period accompanied by acute pain in the abdomen, lower back, groins and upper thighs
I was about 7 weeks pregnant when my D and C was done.  I had been seeing my doctor once a week since I was 4 weeks pregnant because I was asked to go for follow up ultrasounds after my baby measured small for the fetal age and also because they were unable to detect a heartbeat.  After two weeks of the baby growing only a minimal amount and then not growing at all before my last ultrasound, my doctor called and said it is likely I would have a miscarriage.  Although he did not want my husband or myself to give up hope just yet.  But, by week 7, I had started bleeding (not a severe amount but enough to know something was very wrong).  Less than a day later, my doctor had me in the office for another ultrasound and an internal exam to see what was going on and he told me that the miscarriage began on it's own.  He then asked me if I would be ok with doing a D and C because he was worried about me not expelling all of the uterine contents and it causing problems later.  I went in for the D and C immediately after since my ob's office is in our local hospital.
I am having a d&c, hysteroscopy, dye into my tubes and cyst removal tomorrow. I have been ttc for 10 months including 5 months on clomid which didn't work so my gyno has suggested the above as I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome and the clean out should help :)
I'm scheduled for D& C surgery in a couple of days due to thickening of my uterus, I do not have heavy or irregular periods. Got a second opinion and feel very nervous about anestisia and bleeding after.
I had theD&Cprocedure done on this past Monday. It was done because I had an overextended period, and was passing large clots of blood. I have to go back for my follow-up on this Monday, but I'm scared of what the outcome may be.
I had a d & c and hysterospy on Nov. 30th.  I had a polyp removed from the uterus.  Never got my period for the month of dec. Just 3 days of spotting.  Then on Jan 4th started spotting again for a few more days and then got a period for 5 - 7 days (bright red).  Then thought that it was over but still continue to spot/ sometimes brown and sometimes red and its Jan. 21st. Saw my doctor and he said he thinks its because I missed a period in december.  Has anyone else experience this sort of thing.  I was told if it doesn't go away in a few weeks he will have to put me on hormons....?
I had D & C due to a polyp in my uterus.
I am 47 yrs old.  Periods stopped at 41-ish.  Last year I unexpectedly had a period.  My mom was recently diagnosed with Stage IV ovarian cancer with mets to lymph nodes, lungs and bones.  So I went for a check-up.  When I told her my history she sent me for an ultrasound which revealed a thickened endometrium "and something hanging from the top of my uterus".  She attempted an in-office endometrial biopsy but my cervix was too tightly closed.
I did  have  a  D&C  done  a  few  years  ago  but  my  periods  have  been  irregular  and  monday  I  go  for  a   ultrasound  to  determine  if  I  need  a  2nd  D$C  done  I  don't know  what  this ultrasound  will  show  me  on monday  but  I  will let you  know  after  that.
The reason for my D and C is that originally the biopsy of my breast cancer showed neuro-endocrine features, and because tests showed an abnormally thick uterine wall, the thought was there might possibly be cancer there.  Subsequently the gynecologist and several ultrasound tests indicated this was not the case; however, the advice was to have the D and C anyway just to check the reason for the thickness of the uterine wall.  I had the procedure 9 weeks ago.  Since then, i have suffered almost constant cramping from mild to severe, and an almost constant discharge of a yellowish, slippery, slimy, sticky and smelly material.   My GP gave me a prescription for Naproxen, which was very burning, and did not help.  Seven weeks after the surgery i saw my gynecologist again, and he thought i had an infection, so he prescribed a seven day program of seven anti-biotics of two kinds every day.  At the end of the 7 days i felt really almost suicidal i was so depressed and the drugs were by then hard to swallow, and furthermore, did not seem to effective. However, over the next 3 days matters did seem to be clearing up, and i had a really good week until yesterday, when i had a smallish discharge again, and now today i have severe cramping and a large discharge.  These episodes seem to be connected to physical activity-yesterday i did some lifting for the set-up for a yard-sale, and today i worked the sale for 7 hours, although i was careful not to lift too much-but even walking will set it off sometimes.  I guess i am going to have to seem my gyne again, as all my medical friends tell me this is very abnormal and sound like an infection that has taken hold from the surgery and is very stubborn.  I just hope i don't have to do that regimen of anti-biotics again, as it almost killed me-and no, i am not a hypochondriac!-i did not even have aspirin in my house when i was first diagnosed with breast cancer-which has, but the way, given me no trouble, including 16 days of radiation.  Do you have any advice for me?  I really need some help.  Oh, i just saw at the bottom that you won't dispense any advice.  Okay, maybe my experience will help someone else.
I just had D&C due to nonstop, heavy bleeding. My GYN found and removed polyps from my uterus. I was feeling fine immediately, but started to have stomach cramps on the second day.
Started having heavy periods when in the past they have been very light. The doctor said she was unable to determine whether or not I had endometrial cancer and needed the hysteroscopy and D and C to check further. I have already had a biopsy, but it was inconclusive with precancerous cells.  I am a bit nervous, but hope to get this over with and find out one way or the other.