Who's the father of my unborn child?
Alright, I'm new to this website but I need some opinions from anyone who feels like commenting. I recently found out that I am pregnant, I find out in two days how far along I am.. but here's the catch, my last period was Feb 1st-6th, 2012. I have sex with my boyfriend every single day, unprotected, sometimes more than once. I had sex ONE time with my ex-boyfriend on Feb 11, 2012, unprotected. I missed my period that was supposed to come on Mar 1st, 2012. I have good cycles almost exactly 28 days. I'm scared that maybe it's his?! Everyone makes mistakes but I really hope the baby is my boyfriends. So I'm wondering if anyone has opinions on the chances of the baby being my ex-boyfriends baby?? HELP, please :/ I could really use some good opinions!
Take care, and if I were you, I'd take this relatively close call as a prompt to do a bit of soul-searching about the pattern of getting impaired and then having sex or being in a sexually compromised situation.  You're a role model to your children now, and you don't want them to copy you or really even see you like that.  (Kids do what we do, not what we tell them to do.)  And of course, you want to be in charge of your life, not a victim out of control, which being stoned or drunk does.  Sorry about the unsolicited advice.  I hope you do well this pregnancy.

Annie
Thank you very much  i take that to the heart , that also let me knows that what your saying is very accurate (idk if ur relegious or not) but i did ask god that if what your saying is correct to please show me a sign and there it goes ! And i think u for the unsolicited advice it is very much needed !
heyyyy

I have a nother question lookin back at this paper i wrote when i found out ii was pregnant and i was trying ti figure out at the time who it could be and i calculated the 2 diff due dates which is wat the hospital and my obgyn came up with ,,,,,,, my due date 11/22/15 which is wat my first ultrasound says and thats the undesirable guy which is the due date my obgyn also gave me , how would this be possible if i conceived around march 1

And i calcualted 11/13/14 from my best friend which is the one the ultrasound tech gave me at the hospital

Now im really confused what am i adding wrong or could i jus have them switched ?
All the "weeks" counts given to you by a doctor, nurse, ultrasound tech, medical textbook, printout from the ultrasound, etc. (anything medical) begin with day 1 of the count on the first day of your last period, or a calculated first day of your last period if you don't know when yours was.  Your due date of 11/22 gives the following:

Calculated first day of last menstrual period (based on embryo size):  February 15

Probable date of ovulation:  March 1

Ok so that would still mean best friend is the dude ?

I. Get it now if i would have gotten preggo by undesirable guy i would have been further along than 8 weeks  st thd time of my ultrasound
I dnt want to keep bugging u and getting on ur nerves , but its like everytime i get releived some doesnt add up But im still confused because if u count from 2/15 which is the time me and undesirable had sex and u count all the way to 4/13 tht added up to 8 weeks , 3/1 to  4/13 doesnt
All the "weeks" counts given to you by a doctor, nurse, ultrasound tech, medical textbook, printout from the ultrasound, etc. begin with day 1 of the count on the first day of your last period, or a calculated first day of your last period if you don't know when yours was.  They don't think you are pregnant on that day, but that is when the clock starts ticking.  (They think you got pregnant when you ovulated, which is not the same day as the first day of your last period.  But they use the first day of the last period to start the count.)

Ask your doctor to explain the meaning of "gestational age" versus the date of conception.  I think you conceived around March 1.  That's what the doctor's information strongly suggests.  Best I can do.  
Ok thank you ill be sure to keeep u updated with the dna results thank you again take care
Hi, Can you help me? As my due date approaches I am getting more nervous about the potential father of my baby. Breakdown: I had sex with Guy #1 from Dec 31st until Jan 4th. Had what I thought was a normal period on Jan 9th. (cycle is usually 28/29 days). I had sex with guy #2 (my bf) on Jan 21st. I took a HPT on Jan 23rd cause I had mild cramps but it came back negative, I missed my expected period on Feb. 7th/8th and took an HPT on Feb 10th, that came back positive, First ultrasound over a week later said about 6weeks which was 5weeks & 4days from my LMP. Any idea on which guy? Thanks in advance
You took an hpt on February 10 that came back positive, and then your first ultrasound "over a week later" said about 6 weeks ... what does "over a week later" mean?  8 days later (i.e., February 18?) or 15 days later, or what?
The exact day was Feburary 18th.
You didn't get pregs by the first guy if your last time having sex with him was January 9.  Everything points to the sex on January 21 as being when you got pregnant.
The last day with the other guy was Jan. 4th. I had a cycle on Jan 9th.. That seemed normal.
You didn't get pregnant by the first guy if your last time having sex with him was January 4.
Thanks for your help & quick responses
Hi, I have another question. Don't know why I can't let this go, just pure agony waiting until the baby gets here to do a test. Anyways, what are the chances that my period on Jan. 9th wasn't actually a period? Because also when I went to my first visit on Feb. 18th (5weeks 4days) I had a sub-chorionic hemorrhage , and maybe the bleeding I had on Jan 9th-12th came from that. I am asking this because I am not totally sure of when I started my cycle in December. I know for sure that it was after Dec 7th and before Dec 16th.  But not knowing for sure opened up (in my mind) a lot more possibility that it could be Guy # 1 (Dec. 31st- Jan 4th).

I know that this all could just be me being disappointed for allowing myself to be in a situation like this, cause before then in December/January I had never slept with  2 men nearly months close and the first time I do, I become pregnant. Just crazy odds. I know this feeling probably won't go away until my baby boy is here but it does help me getting outside look from someone who doesn't judge so excuse me as this is my last time annoying you lol...

What are your thoughts from my above situation, please? Thanks.
I'm just repeating your data because it's so many posts back:

Guy 1 Dec 31 - Jan 4
Period Jan 9 -- "or bleeding that wasn't a period"
Guy #2 Jan 21
Negative hpt Jan 23
Positive hpt Feb 10
Ultrasound on February 18 said "about 6 weeks"

You first said the ultrasound February 18 was at about 6 weeks.  Then you said it was at 5 weeks 4 days.  Did you get this exact count from the doctor, or did you count it yourself based on when your last period was?  Also, when you got the ultrasound on February 18, did they tell you your due date based on it?  If not, when was the first time you were given a due date, and was it from an ultrasound?  Has your due date stayed consistent over the pregnancy every time you had an ultrasound?
The above data is correct. On Feb. 18th when I went to the doctor, The nurse asked when my last period was I told her Jan. 9th, then a lab technician did my ultra sound she said looks like we at are about six weeks, my doctor read the results from that day and gave me a due date of Oct 16th ( that's where I got that I was 5weeks and 4 days from).

For the most part my ultrasounds have been consistent, When I went for my anatomy scan at 22 weeks my OB informed me there's a possibility that we would move the due date a week (Oct. 9th) However, she still hasn't changed it. All my measurements have seemed to be on target with my due date. I did notice on my last ultrasound at 32 weeks 3 days my baby's head was measuring at 34 weeks 3 days while the rest of his body ( arms, legs etc.) measured at 32weeks 1 day. My dude date has yet to alter, but I have a appointment next week where I can confirm with my OB that everything is on target.
It all sounds like Guy 1 is not the dad.  It doesn't even matter if the period was a period (though I don't think it sounds like it was just some random bleeding), go by the first ultrasound.
Feb 20th was my first ultrasound 8 weeks on feb 22 I went to the emergency room because I wasn't feeling good I have the Hosp paper that says 8 weeks 2 days March 24 I was dated at 12 weeks 2 days may 18th 20 weeks 1 day I begged my midwife to send me for a dating scan on sept 8th 36 weeks & 2 days I asked the tech to look back at my first sono papers she said everything matches up with dec 28th being my last period is it safe to say this pregnacy isn't from late nov early to mid dec ????? If I were to give birth now does this change my date of conception or my due date PLEASE HELP I feel like I'm putting my body through extra stress because of my thoughts I feel labor is near and im scared for my life
The pregnancy could not have been from early or mid-December if you had a scan February 20 that told you 7 weeks 6 days and a note from two days later that says 8 weeks 2 days.  It sounds like you conceived around January 10 or 11.
Regarding the question of whether giving birth now changes your conception date, it does not.  Say a woman gets pregnant on January 1 and she gets in a car accident and it triggers labor on August 30.  Does this reach back and change the reality that she got pregnant on January 1?  No, it just means the baby came early.  You had an early ultrasound, and it saw and measured the actual baby.  Try to trust your doctors and their many years of medical school and many more years of practice.  They know what they see on the scan.
Hey  im backk with an update ! U can see my previous thread up above from july ! Ok so heres the thing me and the person who u said was the father, according to the IDENTIGENE store bought home dna kit says diff im confused
First ultrasound 4/13/15 ( 8 weeks 1 day)
Had my beautiful daughter 10/21/15 due to low blood platelet count ( 35 weeks&& 4 days) was induced! Your guesstimate was conceptionn around 3/1-3/2 ! With ny The website said 2/25-3/5 !  We took the identigene store bought test he was excluded im confused
Now that the baby is born, go to a lab certified by the courts in your area of jurisdiction for a DNA test.  Don't use a drugstore test, the courts would not accept it anyway (because they are not reliable).
Ok thank you
So i go to a courthouse to get one ?
Call the family courts in your area.  Ask them for a list of labs approved to do DNA testing to determine paternity.  (If they don't have a list, ask them how to proceed.)  Any judge who handles rulings involving paternity will have a clerk who knows how to direct you to a lab the courts have approved.  The labs have to be certified by the courts for doing DNA testing for paternity, or the test is not admissible as evidence.
Ok thanks
I need help My period was 11/8/15-11/13/15. My fertile period was on the 11/15/15-11/21/15 my ovulation date was on 11/20/2015. I had sex with my BoyA on the 11/18/2015 and BoyB on 11/22/2015. Who is most likely to be the father Smh! Help please I really believe it's BoyA baby.

MLW, how do you know that your ovulation date was on November 20?  Were you using an ovulation predictor kit at that time?
Hi Annie, I really hope you're still active on this site. I've been stressing out about this my whole pregnancy and this is the first time I'm coming out about it.

My last period was June 9 - 14
Before that in April & May period was from 4 - 9

I had sex with a friend June 17, protected
& Had sex w/ my husband June 19 & 21, unprotected and he came inside me both times

My expected due date is March 15, so it's coming up soon which I'm excited about but still stressed out. I know I had sex between the 2 men pretty close but I am hoping you know how to do a possible process of elimination on my situation?
Hi, kimkoo, did you have any ultrasounds in your sixth or seventh week that gave you the due date of March 15, or did that come later?
No they based it off of LMP date. They never gave me a date based on my ultrasound.
I guess the first thing I would do is ask my doctor to look at my first ultrasound record and see if there is a crown-to-rump measurement that you could use to try to determine when you conceived.  Do you go to the doctor without your husband?

If you had to try to figure this out without your doctor's input, if you had a standard 28-day menstrual cycle (which you don't), you would have ovulated on June 23.  What you would do is compare your cycles (which obviously vary) and try to extrapolate.  A person ovulates about 14 days before her next period.  So on the cycles you have mentioned, your ovulation dates were March 21, April 20, and May 26, and your cycle lengths were 30, 31, and 35 days.  If you compute a 31-day cycle from June 9, you would expect to have a period on July 8, and counting back 14 days from that gives you June 24.

The problem with all of this is that your cycles are too irregular to be sure that using a 31-day cycle length to do the computing makes any sense.  If you have a record from all the last year and every single cycle was a certain length except these three, perhaps you could safely extrapolate.  But I'd be inclined to think your doctor could help you more by looking up your earliest ultrasound to try to see if there is any computation of a due date on the record.
Thanks Annie. I appreciate all of your responses to me. I'm just so stressed out about all of this.
Sorry I keep bothering you.. But does it change anything that my doctor never changed the date when he did do my 1st ultrasound? What's the most likely possibility of who the father could be?
It depends on the doctor.  A due date of March 15, if it came from a magic all-knowing crystal ball that totally knows, says that conception would have been June 23.  This would be about one day after the last of the sperm from sex on June 17 would no longer be viable.  Unfortunately, one day is not enough of a margin to be sure of anything, and also, you do not know how accurate the March 15 date is in the first place.  Some doctors won't bother to change the due date unless the ultrasound says something totally different.  You might ask your doctor if he ever analyzed whether the ultrasound measurements and developmental markers (by themselves) line up with the e.d.d. computed from the first day of your last period.  If he has not ever compared these, you could ask him to.

The other possibility, though I don't think you need to go this far because the baby will be here so soon, is to get a prenatal DNA test through Ravgen or the DDC.  It costs a whole lot of money, but then you would know.
I see. Alright thank you so much Annie
Please help me, my lmp was february 15 lasted 6 days, had protected sex with boyfriend no.2 on february 25, then had unprotected sex with boyfriend no.1, ejaculated inside on february 29 (which shows my ovulation day as per my calendar. Missed my period this month which supposed to come on 15th march. I believe im pregnant and not sure who the father may be.please give me your thoughts.
To know for sure that you did ovulate on February 29, your periods would have to be absolutely like clockwork every 28 or 29 days with never any variation.  If sometimes the cycle is longer than that (or shorter), there is no certain information to be gained from counting forward from the first day of a period.  Also, though using protection is helpful, it's not guaranteed either.  Condoms without foam are considered to be about 80% effective because of user variation in method of use.  (Putting them on before the guy has an erection is supposed to be the best way.)  If any pre-ejaculate had sperm in it, or if there was contact after ejaculation, you could get pregnant by the partner who used protection.  (Sperm can last 5 or 6 days in your system.)  In short, if you are pregnant, nothing absolutely rules out the guy on the 25th.  Because the sex with the earlier guy was protected, it makes the odds for the second guy better, but you'd have to do a DNA test in the end to be sure.
Hi annie.thanks for your answer. But no, we didnt have a contact after ejaculation and i washed right away. Actually, he carefully changed the condom before he ejaculate coz there was precum there, wiped his penis and then put a new one. He pulled out before he ejaculated and checked if it broke, but there was no any leak. And yes my cycle is normally 28 to 29 days. Can i still be pregnant with the guy on feb 25?
Hi annie, can you share with me your thoughts as i am really worried now and scared. My pt result is positive and im totally confused. As i have mentioned that we did not have a contact after he ejaculated and the guy pulled out with condom on when he ejaculated. Is it still possible that he will be the father of my baby? I honestly doesnt want him to be the babys father as i love the other guy more than him. Please let mebknow what u think?
The odds are that it is the second guy.   But there is no guarantee, since these were so close together.  All you can do is take a DNA test.  You can spend around $1,700 - 2,000 to get a prenatal test from Ravgen or the DDC, or you can spend about a tenth of that and get a test after the baby is born.  Sorry but there is no other way to know for sure.
Thanks annie. But i think and praying that it is the second guy. I feel so lost now and dont know how to tell him. I love him dearly and he knows that i am pregnant with him. I dont want to make his world turn up side down. He will surely hate me. And i hate myself now for allowing this things to happen. I feel like im the most stupid person in the world. :(
I had my period on January 21,2016 I had sex with my ex on January 29 and 30 I had sex with my current boyfriend on January 31 I went to the doctor on March 17,2016 and was told I was 8 weeks and 4 days which puts me ovulating on the 30th who is the father
Hi, Mommy2b8889, if you really did ovulate on January 30, the dad could be either guy.  You would have had sperm from your ex within your reproductive tract, and since an egg can last 24-36 hours, you would then also have sperm from your current boyfriend in your system within that time.  A lot depends on how the doctor got to the conclusion that you were at 8 weeks 4 days.  Was it by an ultrasound?
The doctor gave me the due date from measuring the baby on a ultrasound. I went back to the doctor at 16 weeks and was told that my baby measured with a due date of October 22, 2016 instead of the 23rd
Hi, mommy2be, it really all adds up to the possibility the dad could be either guy.  You will need to do a DNA test to know for sure.
Help!! I am in the same boat.  My LMP was August 9, 2016 I had sex with my (bf who became my ex who is now my bf confusing I know) on the 14, 18, 24 all times he would *** inside of me then on the 26th I had sex with a coworker  he pulled out (I actually don't believe he finished at all and I know I didn't get an orgasim with him) my due date was may 16th I have no idea who's he could be but my ex recently came back into my life and I'm praying with everything I have the baby is his. We're getting a DNA test I just would love some encouragement thatbits his lol. And I know all of this sounds really bad but honestly when we broke up I thought we'd never get back together I told myself I wouldn't bc he cheated on me but we talked things out and he wants to be in our sons life(I hope he's "our son"  Same boat
Hi. My boyfried had a 1 night stand months before we met. They had sex on Aug21, 2016. They had the 1st ultrasound on Sep 17, her LMP was Jul27. The result was she is 5weeks and 4 days her due date then was May3, 2017. Their 2nd ultrasound I think was 2 weeks after and the result is almost the same (almost 2 weeks). The baby is almost 14 days older on the possible consumption. Is it possible that my BF is not the father?
Does not sound a lot like it given the dates you have listed. It is no big deal to get a DNA test, and he should. He should go to a lab recommended by the family courts for this purpose, so it will all be official.