DNA / Paternity Community

need help

Can you get pregnant a day after your period if your period is 30 days long n last for about four days
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, did you write in with this question before?  Are you asking how long sperm lives in the woman's system?
No I'm just asking can you get pregnant right after your period? I asked bout dna last time
COMMUNITY LEADER
If a woman has sex right after her period, say, day 5 or 6 from the beginning day of bleeding, and it is unprotected, she can get pregnant from that sexual activity.  It might not happen that day, however.  In order for her to get pregnant, she would need to ovulate.  And the man's sperm would need to last in her system until she ovulates.  So a lot depends on when you ovulate.  (Some women ovulate quite early in their cycles, like, day 8.  Others ovulate late.)  Sperm is said to be able to live in the woman's reproductive tract for 5 or 6 days.  I'm thinking you are asking does a woman ovulate right after her period?  Probably not as early as day 6, but the sperm can live quite a while and reach the ovulation date.
Does ovulation has anything to do with how long or short your period is?
COMMUNITY LEADER
No, ovulation sends signals to the body that if no pregnancy has happened in two weeks, the NEXT period should begin, but the last period you had has nothing to do with when ovulation will come again.  In other words, we tend to think of a period as the leading event, and x days later we ovulate.  But the leading event is ovulation and 14 days later we have a period.  Then it could be any length of time before ovulating again.  That is why a woman who has 60-day cycles and a woman who has 24-day cycles still both ovulate about 14 days before their next period.

Periods are the body kicking the lining of the uterus out when it determines it is not needed any more for cushioning a possible baby.  That process can happen faster or slower, for various reasons.  Women do usually have about the same length of period but not always.
Okay thank you I'm still a lil nervous about my child's father situation cause I did have sex one day after my period went off but I guess I'll just have to see