DNA / Paternity Community

pregnancy

okay i had sex with this guy on june 19,15 my period came june 21,15 and we used protection so on july 2,15 me and my boyfriend had sex unprotected so i went to the doctor and they told me i was a month pregnant how is that possible so im confused is it my boyfreind baby or the other guy?
COMMUNITY LEADER
The way doctors count pregnancy, a month pregnant means about two weeks since conception.  

If the ultrasound tech or doctor said you were x weeks x days "pregnant", that count begins on the first day of the last period you had before getting pregnant.

The count is done this way because the period is a big, obvious signal, not because the doctor thinks you are pregnant when you are on day 1 of bleeding.  (He knows you weren't pregnant then, you were having a period!)  That's why pregnancy, which takes 38 weeks, is counted as being 40 weeks long.  They add a spare two weeks at the front to count back to the presumed first day of the last period.  This kind of count was developed in great-grandma's day, before ultrasounds, and the only thing they had for beginning the count was day 1 of bleeding.  Even into the age of ultrasounds, the count remains done this way.

If a doctor sees a woman on July 28 and tells her she is a month pregnant, he means she got pregnant on or around July 14.

Okay but I want to know if it's my boyfriend baby or the other guy cause July 19,15 me and the other guy had sex with protection and me and my boyfriend had sex July 2,15 didn't have a ultrasound but the nurse told me I was a month pregnant
I mean June 19,15 me and the other guy had sex with protection but me and my boyfriend had sex July 2,15 with no protection. Could I have gotten pregnant before or after my period.
After me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex July 2,2015 I waited 2 weeks and 2 days took a pregnancy test and it was negative. But if I was a month pregnant like the nurse say wouldn't it be the other guy baby? But we used protection and everything
COMMUNITY LEADER
I understand that you are saying you had sex with one guy on June 19 and another guy on July 2, and a  negative pregnancy test on July 18, that the nurse said you were around 4 weeks pregnant.  But there is no way for me to answer the question of when you conceived except to point out that when a nurse says you are four weeks pregnant, she means only two weeks since conception.  I can't tell you what this means date-wise because you have not said what date it was when the nurse told you that you were a month pregnant.
I understand but I went to the clinic on July 21,15 and that's when the nurse told me I was a month pregnant. I'm just trying to see if my boyfriend the father or is it the other guy