So due to ovarian cysts the past year, I've been on and off Nuvaring and had irregular periods.
May 10 I put in a new ring for the first time in 2 months and starting bleeding that week which my doctor said was normal. I spotted and bled almost the entire month. May 31 I took out my ring for the off week. As scheduled, like every time I take out the ring, I had heavy bleeding with clots on June 4-June 6. I never resumed birth control.
However, June 3 I had a one night stand with a man that only lasted maybe 10 minutes. No condom, but he never ejaculated. I had been bleeding on & off that entire past month, stopped for a couple hours, and then like I said woke up on June 4 with heavy clots and bleeding as expected.
On June 7, me and my boyfriend got back together and had completely unprotected sex almost every single day for the entire month of June. I never could monitor my cervical mucus because I later found out I had bacterial vaginosis and gonorrhea from the one night stand (totally sucked and have since been treated). I also had some spotting on June 14th.
Around June 22th, I noticed my cervix felt higher and softer and I had a higher sex drive. I decided to take a pregnancy test because I didn't know what to expect from getting off birth control recently, it was negative.
I waited until July 1, took another and it was negative. July 2, negative test again. I went on vacation that weekend and felt totally normal but once I got home on July 7, I noticed I had some cramping. On July 9 I had sore breasts.
July 12 I got a positive home pregnancy test. July 13 I got a blood test and my hcg levels were 8837.
My ultrasound July 22 dated me at 6 weeks and 4 days, giving me a due date of March 13. And my next ultrasound on August 28, was consistent putting me only 1 day behind at 11 weeks & 5 days.
My doctor said I likely conceived on June 20th give or take a few days but I wanted to know how accurate that was and if it means the other man cannot be the father. She seemed to think it was extremely unlikely I got pregnant from the encounter on June 3, but my anxiety just won't let me rest. But I also don't want to pay $1700 for a paternity test if I'm just worried about nothing. Can anyone logically help me ease my mind or should I just get a test done?