Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
232 Members

Can sleeping for 12+ hrs (bed rest) cause a blood clot?

I just spent 12+ hours straight in bed as I was not feeling well and overslept. Should I be concerned about possible blood clots because of this period of immobility? As far as I know, I do not have a clotting disorder and am not on birth control. I am also at a normal weight for a female in her twenties.
I wouldn't really worry about it. As long as you exercise regularly and get up to take walks, you'll be fine.
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.