Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
233 Members

Could my corset have caused DVT?

Background: mid 20s female, BMI 19, non smoker, taking low-dose birth control

A few months ago, I wore a corset under my clothing for posture a few times a week. I eventually stopped (I only did it a handful of times) because it wasn't really working and it was kind of uncomfortable. I read later on that corsets can cause deep vein thrombosis. I tried not to tie it too tight, and I never suffered any ill effects when wearing it except for a very mild backache.
Currently I feel fine and no longer wear it but I'm a little afraid that I could have a dangerous blood clot from that corset-wearing, and not know it. I don't want to spend a tons of money at the doctor getting a test I don't need, so what should I do? I do have some visible veins on my legs (and one vein that seems slightly elevated) but no symptoms of blood clots.

Is it necessary for me to see a doctor for a d dimer test?  

Also, what are the chances that if it is DVT, that I'll die suddenly and unexpectedly?
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.