I was told nothing could be done for my DVT

So was told nothing could be done for my DVT. Well who am i to question the doctor well i ended up nearly dead after thinking i had another panic attack feeling like i had just hit the biggest flu atack ever i took to my bed to get myself better being as l live alone and feeling so ill my friend telling me i looked ill and rang the ambulance so long story short I was found to have blood clots on my lungs after a week in the hospital and having loads of scans they found a 13 cm cyst on my ovary  i can hardly breathe so i am a recluse now and high risk for surgery so all the above and quite a lot more wrong with me. ALL FROM MY DVT
In treating deep venous thrombosis (DVT), the main goal is to prevent a pulmonary embolism (PE). Other goals of treatment include preventing the clot from becoming larger, preventing new blood clots from forming, and preventing long-term complications.

The treatment of DVT and PE are similar. In both cases, the primary approach is anticoagulation (blood thinners). Other available treatments, which may be used in specific situations, include thrombolytic therapy or placing a filter in a major vein (IVC).

Source: https://www.uptodate.com/contents/deep-vein-thrombosis-dvt-beyond-the-basics#H17
Gosh, very sorry to hear this.  I can't imagine that they don't want to treat you at all!  That would not work for me.  Can you get a second (or third) opinion?  I would absolutely consider doing this!  Are they planning to remove the ovarian cyst?  Over 5 cm they normally will.  I'm worried about you!  You should be on blood thinners unless you are planning to have surgery (for the ovarian cyst).  Clot busting drugs are also used.  Compression stockings are the norm!  I think you need some further guidance!  Let me know how you are doing!
Wondering how you are are?  Has there been any update?
In DVT, (Deep Vein Thrombosis) is a blood clot that resides inside your vein in your leg. It is not deadly. It becomes deadly if you don't treat it because it could spread to your lungs, leaving you with Pulmonary Embolism. Which is a blockage in the pulmonary artery, which could be deadly if not treated. Usually DVT will show symptoms before it gets too severe. Symptoms of DVT are: Pain while Walking, difficulty flexing the area that is associated with DVT. The main cause of DVT is prolonged sitting, where lack of movement prevents the blood flowing back to the heart (Since the veins in the legs bring blood back to the heart, but are affected by movement, since the  muscles in your legs pushes the blood up to your heart) and if you sit for too long, the blood will start pooling. At first when blood pools, it's not to worry about, but if the blood pools for too long, then the chemicals in your blood will start over-reacting, and will start a clot, and if that clot breaks off, it could travel to your heart or lungs, and blocking blood flow to the brain. Fix for late-stage DVT is an emergent event and you need to get to the ER if you experience shortness of breath. It could be a sign of DVT, heart failure, or in severe cases, a heart attack.

You are reading content posted in the Deep Vein Thrombosis Community

Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.