Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
232 Members

I was told nothing could be done for my DVT

So was told nothing could be done for my DVT. Well who am i to question the doctor well i ended up nearly dead after thinking i had another panic attack feeling like i had just hit the biggest flu atack ever i took to my bed to get myself better being as l live alone and feeling so ill my friend telling me i looked ill and rang the ambulance so long story short I was found to have blood clots on my lungs after a week in the hospital and having loads of scans they found a 13 cm cyst on my ovary  i can hardly breathe so i am a recluse now and high risk for surgery so all the above and quite a lot more wrong with me. ALL FROM MY DVT
In treating deep venous thrombosis (DVT), the main goal is to prevent a pulmonary embolism (PE). Other goals of treatment include preventing the clot from becoming larger, preventing new blood clots from forming, and preventing long-term complications.

The treatment of DVT and PE are similar. In both cases, the primary approach is anticoagulation (blood thinners). Other available treatments, which may be used in specific situations, include thrombolytic therapy or placing a filter in a major vein (IVC).

Source: https://www.uptodate.com/contents/deep-vein-thrombosis-dvt-beyond-the-basics#H17
Gosh, very sorry to hear this.  I can't imagine that they don't want to treat you at all!  That would not work for me.  Can you get a second (or third) opinion?  I would absolutely consider doing this!  Are they planning to remove the ovarian cyst?  Over 5 cm they normally will.  I'm worried about you!  You should be on blood thinners unless you are planning to have surgery (for the ovarian cyst).  Clot busting drugs are also used.  Compression stockings are the norm!  I think you need some further guidance!  Let me know how you are doing!
Wondering how you are are?  Has there been any update?
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.